A look back at 2022

Hi folks,

Below is my Instagram “best of nine” post for 2022 (@mycaferacers). Last year saw a lot of bike related changes for me with 2 out of my 4 bikes changed and the all important purchase of my Sprint GT 1050.

What are your 2022 highlights?

9 Likes

I don’t think I could make 9 things (bike related!) but this is a great idea!
Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

So many bike highlights for me!! In reality the entire year has been a highlight in terms of motorcycling, I have ridden at every opportunity and put so many miles on in so many situations and grown in confidence and competence more than I could have imagined. A very steep but incredibly enjoyable learning curve.

January - Mod 2 passed and first ride on my Street Triple with Helmut on his Tuono (it was freezing!!)… End of my 125 riding days :slightly_smiling_face:.
272391002_134618039032216_1054592157530710623_n

April - Bikesafe course.
June - first photo of me riding my bike (which has had a screen added and Scorpion exhaust by then!).

July - Rapid Training course.
December - second bike ordered (I was the person who once declared that there could be no need for more than one bike in my pre - riding naivety. Now I realise that this hobby just grabs you and won’t let go :rofl:).

10 Likes

It’s been a genuine pleasure hearing about your exploits last year. We need more stories like that. :slight_smile:

Which Aprilia is that model with the gold frame, @HelmutVisor? I still haven’t seen a better looking one.

2 Likes

It’s the Gen 2 Aprilia Tuono 1000R Factory (04-09 V Twin) bud

4 Likes

Aha, thanks. Very tempted to search one out for myself. I’m need an Aprilia in my life. :grin:

2 Likes

If you really decide you want one let me know as there are a couple of things to check for before you buy :+1:

I reckon @MrsVisor should have won one of you awards @Octoberon for being the most enthusiastic member :grinning:

5 Likes

The “Jumping In With Both Feet” award for over - enthusiasm :rofl:.

2 Likes

Actually she was extremely close on one of them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That one you’d definitely win. :grin:

1 Like

@MrsVisor You do have a fabulous start-up story to biking!!

5 Likes

My biking highlights this year… First a trip to the Vosges with the mrs, great fun.

Then a long weekend in the South of the Netherlands.

And finally a trip to Spain, where I met up with @Wessa

12 Likes

Yes 2022 was a good year for me and biking. My trip to Spain with @Vulpes was awesome and prior to that Scotland was also a brilliant trip.
Eldest grandson turned 18 years old, don’t they grow up fast.
One other highlight was my 42 year old son passing his CBT and planning for his direct access course.
All in all cannot complain about 2022 and looking forward to Spain again in 2023. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

My 2022 highlight was selling my car in October and buying a Tiger 900 in it’s place, so I now have the Tiger and Speed Triple.

I have some UK tours planned for 2023 on the Tiger which I’m looking forward to. I don’t miss the car.

11 Likes