Abuse... or something else?

After a conversation with a mate, it is my opinion that this turd of a woman is a shit stirring racist and got exactly what she wanted by going to this event.

3 Likes

IMO the charity leader is a lady who was just out to get her charity/cause in the news. Asking somebody where they are from is quite normal and what this girl has done is just baited the media.

3 Likes

On a funnier note…

1 Like

Apparently she was involved in BLM and her charity only benefits African and Caribbean women.

1 Like

Reading a Guardian report just now, with an interview with Ms Fulani, I do now suspect that she was probably looking for trouble, and was probably secretly pleased rather than genuinely offended that Lady Whatsit said what she did. It still doesn’t excuse the insistent questioning, though, but I have less sympathy with the complainant that I did from the earlier reports.

1 Like

But isn’t that racist? :thinking:

3 Likes

Yep, I called her racist in a previous post because I believe BLM is as racist as it gets. Also I’m not having a go at her because of her colour or background. I think shes a bitch because the name given is not even her name, its Marge or something! She gave herself an African name, dressed up in Jamaican colours with an african thing on her head and went looking to stir shit amongst royalty. Made a mountain out of a molehill and spent the day contacting media channels. Apparently the BBC has been reporting this all day, they should hang their heads in shame! The bitch and her charity should be investagated! Instead an innocent old woman who aided the queen for 40 years and no pay has been shamed and the palace has condemned her. What the hell is the country coming to. It makes me mad.

3 Likes

Well i am now trying hard to get someone ask where i come from as they usually do or say what part of Scotland do you come from. Usually, i just say Bushmills and leave them confused as i am from Northern Ireland. They haven’t got a clue it’s just something people say or guess at. But now could i maybe get a paper to but my story and if i am lucky i will get on the BBC
Joe

1 Like

Apparently the old dear is “a bit deaf” which also may go some way to explaining her repeat questions.
Regarding origin, I was born in Dublin then we moved to deepest darkest Somerset when I was 7, I was bullied relentlessly in my first few years at primary school, chased home every evening after school by a dozen or so kids, hit kicked and even spat at, being Irish in the '60s wasn’t the best thing to be.
The schools answer to bullying was to give me a 5 minute head start at home time and telling my mam to try to work to change my accent (can you imagine that happening now?). By the age of 11 or 12, I had plenty of English and every other nationality friends and in a way it made me appreciate and respect other races colours and cultures.
However some people just seem to go looking to be offended and wear it like a hair shirt, I’ll defend your right to “be offended” just as I defend my right to be offensive.

3 Likes

Yes Andy, the BBC goes out of it’s way to stir up shit like this. I remember when all this BLM stuff started, Rita Chakrabarti was over in the USA doing a report on the rioting and revenge attacks on white people. She was on-air on the BBC 10:00 pm news and she couldn’t resist a smirk, she loved what was going on. The events just played right into the BBC’s political agenda.

3 Likes

“The Agenda” seems to lie with the commercial channels who are in thrall to corporate advertisers, the only Agenda the BBC have is to retain a licence fee to make quality programmes independently of big businesses that really do have an Agenda.

1 Like

I used to trust the BBC, but have had that eroded over the last five years or so… lots of incidents of either skewed reporting or cause following. I still use them loosely for news, but I usually go to Reuters for a more even account.

1 Like

I watch channel 4 and al jazeera too, it’s good to have balance, I think rolling news has alot to do with news tedium.

2 Likes

A lot of the BBCs content is made by independent production companies, anyway.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that

Commissioned by the BBC mainly

The BBC help fund S4C the Welsh language channel which is partially funded by advertising too, it’s a good channel showing lots of live rugby.
Don’t know if you’re aware but the commercial stations are pushing to have longer and more frequent advertising breaks :flushed: as if there’s not enough already!

1 Like

Nothing to do with the BBC this time. The falsification of history and culture continues it would seem…

Al Jazeera is good for getting news from around the world, you get to hear about all the things going on all over the world that the BBC never mentions. All you seem to get from the BBC is the same old shit day after day i.e. climate change, lgbtq rights etc. Then they get a bee in their bonnet about something and go on about it for weeks on end. It’s just not news.

3 Likes

I think that’s the “rolling news” issue, it is repetitive, copying the American model

1 Like