Another newbie

Evening all. I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to take some getting used to - but I’m sure it’ll be worth the effort!

5 Likes

Welcome, Adie!

It is a bit different but definitely more of a modern take on forums. Here’s one thing you won’t see - page numbers! We have ‘just in time’ scrolling. So as you go back through a thread (they call them ‘topics’ in Discourse-land), it loads them automatically. Also, the 2MB limit on pics is now set to 4MB, and drag/drop works much better. I can drag pics straight out of Photos (I’m on a Mac) instead of having to export them first. And, there’s a dedicated app where you can add this forum so it looks like a native mobile app. I’m still playing around with that but it looks good so far.

If there’s something you like, don’t like, or want to comment on, use the feedback category and I’ll create a wishlist or backlog of things to tweak and update. The site if highly configurable so chances are if there’s something you wanted to change, it’s possible to do so.

I’m intending to write a guide for people who are already familiar with TTF so the differences are highlighted, I just haven’t had time yet. Also, this isn’t just a replacement for TTF, we’ll be looking for completely new people as well, and maybe hanging on to a few more of them than the other place seems to.

Is there the equivalent of a PM facility on board?

Quote “If there’s something you like, don’t like, or want to comment on, use the feedback category”

Question - How and where might I find and use the Feedback category, please?

Thanks.

Yes, you can send private messages individually or to a group.

If you click the Categories link on the main page you’ll see everything there is at the moment. Scroll to the bottom for the feedback category.