Bit of a long shot...anyone know the Berchtesgaden?

I’m looking at a week or so in the Bavarian Alps, towards the end of September. We plan finding a hotel in the area around Königsee and Berchtesgaden, almost in Austria, mainly for hiking. So, anyone know the area? Anywhere worth a visit? And will the weather still be ok around end of September? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hermann Göring, but you might struggle to get hold of him :joy:

1 Like

I’ll be in Munich last week end of September for the usual Oktoberfest. So not your area.
But after years going regularly in Bayern, I can risk an advice. The good plan is to search a “Gasthaus” or “Wirtshaus” in a village rather than a usual hotel.
It’s way cheaper, and offers meals, etc.
To give an example (not in your area, just an example) I’ve been there quite a few times, It cost me under 20 euros a day breakfast included.

https://www.beim-fuechsle.de

1 Like

See below. Still getting used to the forum, and how things work. Sorry

Have you considered doing the German Alpine Road. German Alpine Road - Panoramic tour from Lake Constance to Königssee.
This is a must too, if you get time http://www.kehlsteinhaus.com/
A bit more information that maybe of use to you Beautiful Berchtesgaden. Things to do in the area & how to get around.
Anywhere in Bavaria in my opinion is well worth a visit. I’m off to do the German Alpine Road in early September, all hotels booked, and I can’t bloody wait.

1 Like

Thanks for that, looks interesting. We’d be driving from Spain, l can take a bit of a gleg at that, see if we can pull it in. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Actually @Bikerman that needs pulling in. I know of Füssen, for example, maybe we’ll bung in an extra day’s travel to do it a bit of justice. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Now that’s one castle not to miss if at all possible.

Fussen is a nightmare during tourist season… busses, people everywhere, a lot of weddings (mostly chinese people).

If you are looking for something typical try Andechs Kloster. Great beer, nice food, etc