Driver who smashed into motorbike was 'so drunk he couldn't stand' [Metro]

Assume everyone on the road is a blind idiot, because sooner or later you’ll find one who is.

I wonder how pub people can let someone who drank so heavily to walk out and drive a car.

2 Likes

An old trick they used to do round here many years ago, go round the pub car park putting little stickers on the headlight. Wait at a check point down the road and check anyone from the pub.

2 Likes

No sympathy with the driver. What a complete twat. He is sorry and avoided prison, but for me he should be put away, in by doing so he would have been forced off the beer for duration of his sentence.

You have to feel for the lad on the bike. Nothing you can do to avoid somebody coming to your lane like that. The law is a complete ass with sentencing like this.

I watched this earlier with horror; it’s awful to watch someone’s life about to change forever. The driver (and biker) were just lucky that it wasn’t Death by Dangerous Driving. Within the last month, there have been three fatalities locally that were car v motorcycle down to driving under the influence of drink / drugs / both and several serious RTCs due to the same :rage:.

1 Like

Yes drugs are an increasingly worrying situation. You cannot do anything about idiots that choose to drive under the influence and then do stupid things. :rage:

1 Like

On a more practical note the biker is going to struggle to get his claim dealt with as the drink drivers insurance will be invalid so you’re then having to sue the individual for both the bike and injury claims and you can guarantee he won’t have any assets or personal liability insurance to tap in to :rage:

It is so unfair that insurance companies don’t cover these events. Although I understand their reasoning. Hopefully he will get support from the victim support fund.

1 Like

Used to be something called the M.I.B. Motor Insurance Bureau? (i could be wrong about the exact name) that covered situations like the above where Insurance companies refused to cover drunk drivers, hit and runs etc, the most you could claim was £10,000, I got £8,500 in a hit and run car/motorcycle incident in 1978, i wonder if something like that still exists?

And 100% that driver should have been jailed.

1 Like

It does still exist :+1:.

2 Likes