Power Cuts this Winter

Ok, so really don’t want to press a sore point.
According to the press and the “National Grid” there is a chance of power cuts this winter.

So my question is. Do I buy a Inverter Generator ?

It depends on how you assess the risk of the cuts happening. The article I read says it ‘could’ happen if we lose all Russian gas and there’s another ‘beast from the east’ weather event. Personally I don’t think the cost is justified but each to their own.

2 Likes

And yet they say more of us need to buy EV’s :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just another media scare story. If you read the details it say’s the risk of it happening are minimal.

3 Likes

They write headlines to grab attention because they’re businesses. The article I read wasn’t particularly inflammatory in that context.

2 Likes

Perhaps an EV could be used as a battery backup for the house. Problem solved…? :grinning:

3 Likes

When the Scottich referendum happened, they spoke about how Scotland produces 7.5 times more power than it uses, where did that go then?
All these windmills, ( as if we didnt have enough wind :grin: :grin:) are great, although I cant understand why we arent building more Hydro power dams and turbines. They were raved about when I was a kid in school.
Anyway guys cheers for the input too.

2 Likes

Truss has just guaranteed this won’t happen, so great, we can all sleep easy in our beds knowing she has this covered :flushed:

1 Like

Same place Welsh water goes, England.

2 Likes

Unless of course one then wanted to drive somewhere :joy::joy::joy:.

Funny you should say that @MrsVisors father has just bought a Kia Nero which has got a power socket. He has worked out that it is cheaper for them to run the washing machine and tumble drier off the car during the day then recharge the car through the night (where he gets a reduced nighttime economy electric tariff as he has an EV) :rofl:

2 Likes

Just make sure you take the family and then nobody will be at home to see the power cut. I’ve got all angles covered, perhaps I could be a future pm?

1 Like

OK now I’ve lost the plot am I trying to be funny or is someone making a fool of me? :smiley:

3 Likes

Absolute genuine :sunglasses: and it’s a significant difference

3 Likes