Escaped for a few hours today, as the forecast was dryish, if not sunny. Here are a few scenes from the ride.
Carlingwark Loch, Castle Douglas, looking towards Screel Hill and Bengairn.
The road up the Fleet Valley towards Gatehouse Station. (Although called Gatehouse Station, it was actually at Dromore, several miles north of Gatehouse. The line was closed many years ago.)
The Clints of Dromore - an impressive line of cliffs.
Couldn’t resist this one: the Parton Privy. Built in 1901, this octagonal toilet block served the adjoining row of cottages. Now a Category B listed building. Apparently it was also known as the Houses of Parliament.