The Passport Office

My wife and I have had to renew our passports this month. So we got some photos taken completed the applications on-line and submitted them on the 8th October. Got an email confirming they applications had been received on the 12th and would be processed.
I had originally thought it would take a couple of months to get them back given the amount of noise in the press about delays in government departments.
To my surprise they arrived today the 26th October, only 14 days from them receiving our applications.
What if any issues have anybody had in getting their passports, or have they received the awesome level of service we have had.

2 Likes

Never had a problem here. Like your experience a couple of weeks at most.

1 Like

Renewed last year and got new passport 8 days later. I bet for renewals where no details have changed all checks will be fully automated, even perhaps down to verifying new photo looks like old one.

1 Like

Same here, did it online and had the new one back within two weeks

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem with the passport office. DVLA, however…

To be fair to DVLA, I recently had to renew my drivers licence and they turned that around in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

My licence was sent off on a Tuesday when I took my bike test (afternoon, I assume, after all of the bike tests were done for the day) and arrived back to me in the post on the Friday - it was a really fast turnaround. That said others I have spoken to had waited for several months…

1 Like

I’ve just come back from Italy a couple of days ago and that’s it for me now as I’ve not much left on the passport so it’s my turn to get a fresh one. Hope it goes well like for others.

1 Like