What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

She’s free… the clutch lever on my trophy can now be removed/adjusted. The clamp bolts finally gave way to my will… I kept spraying them every day with wd40. I think I must have finally matured, I’m certain the younger impatient me would have rounded the heads, snapped the bolts or whatever…
Now onto the next part of the project, new handlebars.

13 Likes

Well done that man :grinning:

3 Likes

Took my 765 out for the first time since getting the t100. I purposely left it a while because I knew it would blow me away after getting used to the bonneville. It didn’t disappoint :grin: what a machine! I’m tingling :smiley:
Oh I also picked up a pair of fork gaiters for the bonnie… always thought gaiters would look better than the little plastic protectors they’re using now.

10 Likes

Went out with Mrs Mouse for a couple of hours riding and a refreshment break and stroll at Foxton locks. Lovely weather for it.

10 Likes

Took Speedy to KC Superbikes in Carlisle for a service
Left home at 7am with a temperature showing 9degC. This quickly dropped to about 7​:flushed: After about 20 miles it was thick mist and 4.5 Deg :cold_face::cold_face:
Good job I didn’t need a pee as I don’t think I would have found anything!
Anyway, run up the M6 was freezing but the views were amazing with low most and sun on the hill tops, just beautiful :grinning:
Bike done so thought I would ride home through Ullswater. Great idea until I got to Patterdale to find road closed😕
Stopped in Ulverston on way home :smiley:

11 Likes

Got my gaiters fitted and off for a wee late evening ride. I have the bike just how I want it now :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

More what I didn’t do with my Triumph today. I didn’t take it to the garage to have the leaking fork sorted out because he can’t take it until next Friday now.

3 Likes

Flicking between your earlier photos of the bike without the gaiters and now the gaiters really give the bike a good look, more authentic. Quite a big difference for just a bit of rubber.

2 Likes

Cheers, yes I like the gaiters much more. They are not an official accessory though so I had to buy them as a standard part from the previous model. Nearly 50 quid! And then you have to buy 2 clamps to secure the tops at 4 quid each and the cheeky buggers then require you to buy the 2 screws for the clamps at another 4 quid each :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. So I saved myself 16 quid and used zip ties instead which actually ended up neater looking than the clamps and screws :rofl:

5 Likes

Indexed the gearbox - which always causes a walk round the garden to look at the clouds - why does it never work the first time?!!??!

And slipped the barrels on with some nice new nuts to replace the wrong type old ones.

I have officially used up this month’s pension so roll on next month and more parts ordering. I expect I’ll have to sell a bike soon or that basketcase is gonna take years. Anyone fancy one? :cry:
Sun’s out so I’ll use one to go look at some shiney bikes in a shiney bike shop…over :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Just a short ride over the Atlantic this morning. Back home for evening tea.

8 Likes

The gaiters look great @Andyc1 :+1:.

No riding for me this weekend unless I get out tomorrow evening, I am doing overtime for work all weekend (aka money - grabbing). Grumpy at how nice the weather has been whilst I sit inside on the computer though :rofl:.

3 Likes

I wish :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Via docking in Australia too it seems. :grinning:

50 mile round trip to work today, lovely nippy weather that’s perfect for air cooled bikes, loads of bikes out. The “Adventure mob” are still top of the miserable ignorant buggers chart for not acknowledging other bikers, probably too busy fiddling with their on-board gadgets.

3 Likes

I had my liner in today for the first time but still had a lovely ride down to Newcastle and the kingdom of Mourne. Newcastle is a popular bike meeting spot but not really my scene. Anyway as I was passing I thought I’d stop for a smoke anyway and was quickly reminded why it wasn’t my scene… quite a big show of bikes but only 2 types of bikes there. Fully luggaged adventure bikes and Japanese sports bikes with very loud pipes and huge chicken strips. Quickly had my smoke and promptly made my way on a very enjoyable ride :rofl:

3 Likes

Snap for the winter liner and some hang-outs not being my scene too.

2 Likes

A new wiring loom with the wrong bulb sockets wired in. They were held in with some black electrical tape. FFS why bother…so I put the tools away and went out.

On my way through town I had to stop at a roundabout due to a big BMW not showing any signals. It then decided to turn left. The woman driver looked at me and flipped me the bird. She had young kids in the car. Good grief, good job. So I went somewhere with some greenery, it makes me feel better…

This is in Saltford with Kelston Round Hill in the background. The water is the River Avon. Families visit here to eat in the trendy pubs and lots go sailing, boarding and swimming along this length.
Just down the bottom of this road there is a large sewage treatment works that discharges effluent into the river. There is also the water laboratories that sample and test water from all over the South West. They take samples of the river water just here as controls to test their analysing methods and equipment. The effluent from the sewage treatment works is actually a lot cleaner than the river water. Never swim in this river. I wouldn’t advise anyone to swim in any river anywhere unless you know where it’s been. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

12 Likes

Saltford was where they used to pull out the bodies of idiots who used to take a drunken swim in the weir after Henry’s night club kicked out, was pretty good eel fishing there.

Great photo @Iron … could be on a calendar or something

5 Likes