We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on the forum, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve the forum — improvements to the forum will be made based on the information and feedback fro the community.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
- You have the right to be forgotten by the forum, and to ask for all information stored about you.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognise your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Absolutely not. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, and we never will. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
If you click through to a third party site, they will have their own separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.