Hello from Bucks

Nice bike but i’d like to see a piccy of your Honda too if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

Here you go…

I’ve had it since 2000 and restored it to the best of my ability. I tried selling it a year ago and didn’t get a single call. I’d been offered £5,000 a couple of times at shows over the years, it won second best 80s bike at a show once. They were in demand pre-pandemic but seem to have peaked and declined now. I put a new disc, tyres and battery in it and will keep it now for a while at least. It’s really nice to ride. I’ve got a pic somewhere of fast Feddie Spencer with it.

7 Likes

Very very nice. You’ve done well with that. Many you see are so tatty.

2 Likes

Thanks. It is a very simple thing, just check the tappets and change the oil every year. I’ve done quite a bit to it, stainless spokes, replaced swinging arm and steering head bearings, seat rebuilt to my spec on original seat pan, carb rebuilt, and loads more. Original paintwork though, and the original Japanese stickers presumably telling you to put petrol in the tank or something have sadly just worn off through polishing. It goes and handles really well for what it is. Fantastic thumper exhaust note through the Supertrapp pipe which was a Honda racing accessory apparently.
Freddie Spencer on a slightly less powerful Honda 500 than he’s used to.

11 Likes

Ozzy
Welcome and nice bikes. I have two cb500’s standard trim. Like you tried to sell them but not even a query. But again like you happy to keep them and use as and when especially winter.
Joe

1 Like