Importing posts

When I did my tests, the HTML served by this site had an IMG tag with the SRC containing a URL for this forum, but the IMG tag itself was inside an anchor (A tag) which had a HREF pointing to the image on the other forum. So anyone clicking on the image would be taken to the other forum. (Actually, my test was with a TIFF on Wikipedia so that may affect things, this forums image was a jpeg, so it converted it)

If the image here is copied over and uploaded in the process, then the original post with the mage is deleted, wouldnā€™t that indicate the local image isnā€™t referencing a file on another domain? Thatā€™s the test I did earlier and what seems to be in the src tags.

Iā€™ve just looked at the HTML again,. The TTF URL references seem to be limited to a large-image-placeholder class rather than the actual image. HTML isnā€™t my area of expertise though so I may be missing something.

I just did another test and managed to confuse myself more, I think things change dynamically over the space of a few minutes whilst the forum software imports the image. But it does seem that copying posts works as we want, so Iā€™ll shut up now. :wink:

I appreciate having a secnd pair of eyes on it. It is a little confusing. I may post something on the Discourse community pages to see what they have to say. Thereā€™s a lot of in-depth technical knowledge in that community.

1 Like