Royal oilfield

Yes but a Meteor is lightyears away from a GS in terms of style

And weight…

1 Like

Forgot an infrequent problem I have with the Meteor. The neutral light sometimes lies, it comes on when you think you’ve selected neutral, only it hasn’t, it’s still in gear. It’s very infrequent to the point where you can forget about it. My solution, always hold the front brake when releasing the clutch after selecting neutral and release the clutch slowly. It works apart from when you’re distracted, like on the ferry home from France. I was guided into an area between 2 posts, the ferry employee took great care lining me up with the securing points. Thumbs up he turned and walked onto his next job, I let the clutch out as it says I’m in neutral, forgetting all my above rules, bike jumps forward and stalls… oops, all his good work undone.

NEW BIKE NEW BIKE !!!

9 days ago I took delivery of a brand new 2022 Lake Blue Royal Enfield Himalayan !!

She cost me 5390€ on the road including an additional "Comfort Touring " seat. Since then I’ve done roughly 1100 kms both on and off-road.

And quite honestly I think this bike is probably one of the best bikes I’ve had - for me - in the last 40 yrs.

She is super to ride, consumes fuel like a camel 95 mpg !!!

And she corners like a witch !!!

13 Likes

Have fun big lad!!!:grin::+1:

1 Like

Happy new bike day :grinning:

1 Like

@thebiglad it sounds as if you’re having a lot of fun (long many it continue!!) :partying_face:. They’re really popular bikes where we live for our smaller roads / gentle off roading etc :+1:.

2 Likes

Happiness is a new bike. :smiley: My mate bought one last year to replace his aging Bullet and is a very happy chappie.

3 Likes

Smashing thing!

1 Like

Thanks guys, yes she is indeed a “Smashing thing” !

Dave

2 Likes

Just spotted this in the press…
Looking sweet!

https://www.outfable.com/technology/royal-enfield-bobber-650-look-engine-and-other-details-photos/

6 Likes

Tidy looking machine is that!

1 Like

Certainly looks pretty cool

1 Like

Definitely a future consideration for a second bike perhaps?
I’d certainly think about it tbh. Nice.

1 Like

Congratulations. I had one as a loan bike for the day. I didn’t get on with the seat, but I was really impressed with the handling. Perhaps your comfort seat was the solution?
The tec/hitchcocks camshafts seem to get good reviews and is always there as a future upgrade if you want a bit more.

1 Like

That bobber does look really nice and hopefully they carry the same styling over to the ‘new’ meteor 650, or whatever they call it.

Thinking about it further, that looks like a custom job on the existing 650. The new bobber 650 is supposed to have upside down forks as in the spy shots.

They’re doing well Royal Enfield :clap:

4 Likes

Hi Wattie, re the comfort seat it is a bit firmer and so more comfortable, but honestly both seats are a bit narrow for my ample posterior.

Re the power options, to be honest I like the bike best on small twisty country roads where I can chuck her about a bit at 50mph; but there may come a time when DNA air filter plus retaining plate/ new camshaft/sporty spark plug and increased flow end can may be in the mix.

3 Likes

Nice one Dave - glad to see that you’re back on two wheels!

You always were one for a comfort seat though :rofl: :rofl: