Servicing and Spark plugs 2010 1050 abs

Hey @Rocker thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed reply.

I do remember your previous post on this …it’s why I have my concerns in the first place :slightly_smiling_face:.

I do fully appreciate the issue you describe and the need to purge the ABS when doing a system bleed.

And, all things being equal I may well invest in the dealertool, or save up each time to have a dealer do it. I am equally fastidious with wanting the new fluid according to time…

Point of fact…I had NO idea about this when I happened upon my Tiger…would I have plumbed for it if i knew…:man_shrugging:

I think though, with the belief that the fluid was fully renewed before I got the bike by the equally fastidious chap I got it off in May last year, I am, for the moment, going to assume the fluid, all the fluid, including in the ABS, is ok. With that in mind, I now need to get back on the road and it seems I just need to refil the system and pump it through as normal (albeit not the ABS part).

I will then look to get dealertool/dealer fluid flush…

And also remember to go easy when cleaning my calipers in future!!

2 Likes

Ok…today’s connundrum.

Tank is off…

Why o why has petrol been dribbling out of this breather(?) hole…

It is dribbling, sometimes alonst squirting out of the “vent hose” outlet.

When I removed the tank, petrol did infact run out of here as well…I thought it stopped once I inverted the tank. Clearly not!!

Tank still pressurised?

Hmmm … good shout!

Wild guess*

I open-end then closed the filler cap. Didn’t help.

Should have it back on soon so hopefully won’t matter… :roll_eyes:

Phew!!

It’s all gone back together, with a winter brake clean and brake fluid change, pudding cables…and Optimate socket.

…and…it started.

I didn’t really enjoy this experience. A lot of faff, compared to the 955 Speed Triple…

3 Likes

Hmmm…

When I “tested” the bike the other day, it took a bit of throttle to actually start - I assumed this was because the tank had been off and there was air in the system somewhere…

I allowed the bike to get nice and hot, idle drop down to general running revs…

However, upon then starting the bike for my commute today, it also wouldn’t start without some decent throttle!

After 30 mins of riding, I also pulled over, turned the bike off for a couple of minutes and tried starting again - and again, needed throttle to start. (Did this another two times as well)…

NGK CR9EK new plugs put in, and bike seems to run fine when it is actually running…but it no longer sparks in to life with a button press… :frowning:

So…I seem to have a fuelling(?)issue somewhere along the line? Any thoughts?

Did you disconnect the Air Temp sensor when doing the work?

…if that is one of the connectors on the airbox, then yes…I am almost positive that I reconnected everything back as it needed! But am willing to check…

…could it be damaged or broken perhaps…?

Could be, but more likely something’s not been reconnected or not quite connected right would be my guess…

2 Likes

I only gone and bloody fixed it!

I missed reconnecting the rubber tube for the “Map sensor” :confounded:

This is even the photo of me highlighting it when I took it off! I then didn’t refer to my ‘notes’ for reassembly :roll_eyes:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… I know that ultimately the issue was schmuckery on my part, but even so, with some spanners, Google, a bit of grit and of course you lot has again turned this whole thing from a “head in hands, despair”; in to a “I can do this”.

I assure you, I am NOT this positive normally.

So thank you.

And beyond that; I’d urge anyone to have a go it truely IS a zen like feeling getting to the bottom of it all, and then a feeling of nirvana once you solve it.

Also…I can now get the tank and airbox off in only 15mins!

8 Likes

not a true a word has been spoken

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve noticed it before. I may write a book about it; I was thinking motorcycle fettling and the art of nirvana?

1 Like

Well done Daniel! Those “modern” bike are so complicated, and 1 connector missed, and it’s not working anymore. Good you can ride it again :+1:

3 Likes

Well done that man, a new scout badge to sew on :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes