Tiger 900 vs 1200

Are you going to try the 900 as well?

1 Like

Certainly. A mate of mine is coming with his gf, who owns a 900. I can ride that too, for comparison. He owns a 1200 desert edition.

2 Likes

Sounds ideal :+1:

Wim if you are buying new you should negotiate the first service in the deal. I did for my tiger, so no need to worry it was in the bag. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good tip, Steve. A mate of mine bought his 1200 desert edition at the same shop, and negotiated new panniers into the deal. Room to move, me thinks.

1 Like

Pay attention to wind noise when riding them… nearly everything I’ve ever ridden with a screen out in front drove me mad! Not an issue for everybody but it’s something I can’t stand.

1 Like

Cheers Andy, I will pay attention. The screen is one of the features I’m looking for with long hauls in mind though.

The standard screen on the 900 is not too bad, but I opted for a wider Madstad one with additional deflector on top - easily allows you to ride at motorway speeds with visor up.

The screen on the 800 was crap, as was the standard one on the Tracer I tested, so it’s likely that you might have to consider an aftermarket option.

1 Like

Useful Steve, cheers. Enough protection is a must, as I hate riding with the visor down. Unless on the motorway with the speed triple it’s always up, with the sun visor down.

1 Like