What bike would you take around the world?

I’ve had mine since the back end of last year and done nearly 3000 kms now. She in Lake Blue with a few mods but nothing serious or expensive.

She is light to maneuver, does on average about 100 mpg. I never use motorways so the fact that she only cruises comfortably at 60mph is not a problem at all on smaller roads (like A and B roads in England).

When I first got her the engine felt very tight but now she feels run-in and revs freely.

The only real criticism I have is with turbulence caused by the screen, so I took it off and now sit in smooth air.

I love the bike and the Royal Enfield heritage - and yes, I do have the RE mug and T-shirt !!!

Cheers and Happy New Year to all our readers

Dave

8 Likes

What actually constitutes an around the world trip?

East/west, west/east? If you left and returned to London that would circumnavigate the globe, but would miss out Africa, South America, Australia etc, etc…

Whichever route you took would miss out large chunks of the world.

This is true. There are many possible routes and coutless detours you could make along the way. The simple definition though must be to arrive back from the opposite direction to which you started.

Unless the world is flat…
Which it Clearly is…

a RD4 Africa Twin.

1 Like

Live on the edge and take a LC350 that smokes already when you buy it!

2 Likes

Take note, @Towner92. :smile:

1 Like

The one style of bike I wouldn’t want to take round the world is an adventure bike funny enough! Thought about my bonneville but even that is a bit lardy. I think if it was a Triumph it would be a Trident 660. If not a Triumph then something like a Royal Enfield for simplicity. What ever it is, it has to have a bit of character!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing about that trip! :wink:

I thought it was a PW50 at first

3 Likes
2 Likes

I ran a Chinese turd a few years ago and toured Europe, it was a copy of a pan European crossing an ER6 with built in luggage. It went so well and cost the price of a McDonald’s!!
That’s what I’d use!

4 Likes

In my dreams… and Africa Twin

This one, I’ve toured loads of bikes but this gave me the greatest times, 200 mile tank range, too small to over-pack crap you don’t need and I could fix almost anything in the event of a breakdown (but it never did)

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/@c90adventures/videos

I don’t think Triumph make those. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry did I spell ‘Tiger’ incorrectly :sweat_smile: @Octoberon