2018 Street Twin

Hi,thanks for the welcome and advice.I have a 2018 Street twin,a few weeks back i purchased a pair of carbon look side panels i fitted the to the bike but took an instant dislike to them ! so put them away. Monday i thought i think they would better Black so i prepared them and sprayed them.Popped the on the bike yesterday and they look great,in my opinion of course,they are ribbed and had a fine wire mesh in the vents.I will post before /after images.Cheers.OApete.

9 Likes

Notice the tank trim I applied, creates a neat finish, simple to apply. OApete.

1 Like

I got this as a provate message so I’ve moved it to a public forum. Hopefully that’s what you were intending. :slight_smile: The bike looks great!

DOH ! Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Pete!

1 Like

Yes, welcome to the forum, Pete. I have a 2019 Street Twin. Your new side panels look great.

1 Like

Hi and welcome, the panels look good on the bike!

1 Like

Hi,i am chuffed with the result,thank you.OApete.

2 Likes

Hi, the side panels are the latest add on to the ST,i have changed the fork springs for Progressive and its improved the front no end.did it myself took an hour.Now have some adjustment.Put new chain and sprockets on,i put an 18 tooth front sprocket on,makes the gears taller,at motorway speeds it stops that i need another gear feeling.Obviously drops the revs,not sure how many and maybe as slight gain on fuel.cruising as i do mostly on good A & B roads the bike is almost ticking over @ 40ish in 3rd, just purrs along.May not suit the commuters,1st gear is taller and needs a few more revs,but its not really noticeable after a few rides.Its a very inexpensive fix,if you can find the sprocket.Ride safe,OAPete.PS, @71 years i’m enjoying my riding to the full.

4 Likes

Welcome in to the forum Pete, and back to biking! :+1: :+1:
The full account in your profile is inspirational, I recommend members dive in to Pete’s profile to read his intro in full.
Perhaps @Octoberon can assist if you want to copy/move it into this thread where it will be more visible?

1 Like

Thank you,much appreciated,back from a good day out today Wednesday with a friend,we both need to know that where we intend going there will be a bench or seating close to our bikes ! Riding at speed doesn’t frighten me ,running out of painkillers scares the life out of me.Must go its time to take my medication ! LOL

1 Like

Interesting about your sprocket change, Pete. I might try it.
I found that a worthwhile change was to replace the original rather basic rear shocks with new ones with adjustable rebound damping (Ikons in my case).

Just read it thanks to you @Col_C - I agree that it’s inspirational, great read @OApete.

1 Like

Yes, I can drag your profile in to the light if you want me to, @OApete. Let me know.

Welcome to the forum @OApete :grinning::+1:

Welcome, I went the other route with 2 less teeth on the rear.

1 Like

Hi Dave.2 teeth smaller on the rear apparently has the same effect,try JT sprockets.Ride safe.OApete.

1 Like

I assume you needed to shorten the chain?

I would do a complete chain and sprocket change unless your happy with the condition of those on the bike.OApete.

1 Like