A question for IPhone users

All so, so yesterday.

On my home network I have a NAS (network attached storage) which is basically a box with two 4Tb drives operating in RAID 1 configuration (they mirror each other so you always have a copy).

The two drives appear as if they are one but can be further subdivided into subdirectories for data, music, photos etc. My music folder has 11.5k files, all MP3, in 1.5k subdirectories. The photos folder has 110k files in 1.9k subdirectories.

All of these files can be accessed remotely with your mobile devices and even in the car with Apple Car Play.

Well, I got it done with loads of errors along the way and a fair few restarts. Not a smooth experience at all, and iTunes fecked up a few album covers and lost a few that were already there. I swear apple make it difficult on purpose if you don’t exclusively use apple for everything. The app hasn’t changed since I last used it with the iPhone 4, looks like it belongs on windows 98 :joy: it’s just so much easier on android because there is no middleman. The phones good though, I like it. I have some gripes like the keyboard doesn’t have numbers without pressing an extra key, google and hotmail email accounts don’t support push, only fetch. The face recognition is good, it unlocked for me today while I had my helmet on with visor up. It’s good but it’s not any better than my 2 year old Samsung. But the way it works with my hearing aids is a game changer!

2 Likes

Bet you are well pleased it is all setup now. :grinning:

Absolutely! The thought of a phone call would give me anxiety. Ordinary ear phones don’t compensate for the frequencies I can and hear so they didn’t work. This is like a win win now, I get an audio source my brain can understand and the bonus points of controlling the volume of the environment I’m in. It’s brilliant :grinning:

1 Like

Do it. Andy that one pro outweighs many cons.

Oops just catching up.dont mind me. As you were.