A very Bonnie baby Triumph [MCN]

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/small-capacity-triumph-models/

Bit ho hum…

“Spy shots” my bollocks… I’ll just park up here and stand clear of the bike and play with my phone for a few minutes, never mind that dude with the camera :rofl:

1 Like

It looks quite “modern Honda” in some respects to me, I can see it being popular with young riders perhaps. It’s not my cup of tea - no strong dislike but as @PatW said a bit ho hum…

2 Likes

Not exactly a bonnie seat or tank style… so I hope they don’t water down the name to score some “nostalgia” points!
Why can’t they have a new name and build it into iconic brand status? Something to celebrate the Indian/British tie in (which doesn’t fall back on empirical sentimentality)???
They should call the lower capacity ones “Junior Doctor” and the larger capacity “Consultant “. :thinking::grin::wink:

Cub or Tina? :wink:

A part of me says it dilutes the brand, but another part says we need the next generation of riders.
…But should Triumph be leaving that to the Japs, leave Triumph as an aspiration along with H-D, Ducati, MV etc. ?

1 Like

I think they are thinking of the massive Indian market firstly, if it sells elsewhere, then that’s even better

2 Likes

Yeah they won’t even recoup their development costs with UK sales.

1 Like

I bought a Royal Enfield 350 meteor in March to add to my Trophy 1200/4. I didn’t think the 350 was going to be enough for two up let alone two up touring, but I’ve just got back from a 2000 mile tour around northern Spain and back through France two up and loved the 350. I’ve never owned a small capacity bike since the 70’s and love this single cylinder long stroke characteristic, it chugs away up hill, out of corners etc. Obviously no speed demon, but neither am I these days. I think the ‘spy shots’ show a boring take on this capacity, looks like a commuter bike, but if they do develop a larger thumper, say 450-500 and add some heritage character then I’d certainly like to test ride one.

5 Likes

Interesting, the Enfield is on our shortlist of bikes as a first bike for Mrs W and as an occasional ride to work for me, a more detailed write up would be great.

1 Like

I will do my best, I’ll add it to the royal enfield part of this forum. I saw your royal oilfield thread but as that finished in may I thought my input would have been too late.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, wattie. :slight_smile: If you want to write up about your Enfield you can put it in the ‘New Members’ or ‘Other Manufacturers’ section. Either will do.

3 Likes

And it will be most welcome fella!

3 Likes

Welcome in @wattie , looking forward to more posts. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

I was in a dealers a few weeks ago. It was Honda, Suzuki, BMW, Indian and a little square in the corner for Royal Enfield. About 8 customers in the shop and every one of them was in the Royal Enfield section. Says a lot! Thats also where I was. They were the only bikes in the shop that were appealing to me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, I wasn’t sure how to start a post so just added onto the one that PatW had started, as PatW had asked for some more info.

2 Likes

There are some guides and FAQs on the forum but if you have any questions drop me a PM and I’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

I admit to wondering if having a 350 classic along with a meteor is too much…
Sadly though, I went to Triumph in woburn a month or so ago, where I’ve been a few times in the past and where I get parts for my trophy and they’ve changed into what I would call a triumph ‘boutique’, I felt completely out of place and got an unhelpful, no, to my question. I believe Triumph north London in Watford has a good reputation so I might head on down there next.

1 Like

No mate, we’re (well actually she) still undecided so any input welcome.