Accurate Tyre/Tire Pressure Gauges

Hi all,

I have a selection of handheld tyre pressure gauges and foot pumps. Some of them are brands you would want to trust, yet all of them show different readings so I don’t know which one is correct! :flushed:

Any recommendations for a mechanical tyre pressure gauge you can trust? :thinking:

Cheers

Geoff

2 Likes

Aye, one of these, Oxford tyre gauge pro. Accurate as you’ll need, i over inflate my tyres slightly with an electric pump, then stick this on the valve and bleed it back to exact llbsqft using the built in bleed screw. Brilliant and simple, this is the 2nd one I’ve had (ran over the first one :flushed:) about £15.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks Pat and I appreciate you taking the time to upload a photo too :+1:

1 Like

No bother mate.

2 Likes

I have one of those, as well. The bleed valve is very convenient; I use it the same way as you. I find it particularly is particularly handy as the little electric pump I have is totally incapable of working out how much air is in my car tyres and over-inflates them quite a bit if left to its own devices.

2 Likes

This is the one I have and is great :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Probably the same unit with a rebadged face.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

I had two TyreTek gauges, the first started reading way under in only a matter of weeks, but as everyone seemed to recommend them, thought I’d try again but that one seemed way off. So I bought a cheap digital gauge and never turned back. In fact I have two, one lives in panniers.

You don’t particularly need an ‘accurate’ gauge anyway, just one that’s consistent so you can get tyres to the pressure that works for you. Though this digital gauge gave readings consistent with a couple of foot pumps I have and one of those stick gauges.

3 Likes