ACF50 Soaking

How long is long enough for ACF50 be left on the bike to soak in to all the nooks and crannies after application?

I’ve sprayed up the Sprint GT today. I was going to wipe it down after about 15 minutes but I’m not planning to ride it over the weekend so it can sit in the garage overnight.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see the different answers but I generally leave mine for 24 hours and then gently wipe off the excess so there is a light film coating left behind. :+1:

1 Like

I decided to wipe the bike over after about an hour, mainly because the can I had was quite old and it wasn’t spraying finely half the time, even after a good shake and warming it up. The gloopy mess became a light coating with gentle application of a microfibre cloth.

1 Like

The guy who did my bike wiped it down as soon as it was sprayed, so I don’t think you need to leave it any time at all :slightly_smiling_face:

Was that just for expediency though? The advice I’ve seen online is to let us run for a while.

I have to admit, I take my bike for a spa around October every year. I get a full valet, ceramic coating and ACF-50 and it’s generally less than a couple of hundred quid.

Some may call me lazy, but for me the investment is well worth it (especially given that my bike lives on the rear patio under a couple of covers (one fitted and one the Ridehide concertina-style).

2 Likes

My bike will be coming up for its post season clean and lube…ready for the current (winter) season of commute in the rain and salt…

It’ll get a good dousing of ACF50 of course…generally…I spray it on and then go over that with a paintbrush to get it in all the noks and crannies…then the soft cloth comes out and it’s kinda rubbed in and around…

I don’t think it is able to “penetrate” the surface, it just stays on it…

The guy who does our bikes, https://www.moto-valet.co.uk, blends ACF50 with Pro Care Protection and that acts as the lubricant which runs the ACF 50 into all the nooks and crannies :nerd_face:

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Didn’t think of that. Next time.

Indeed, it’s just to let it spread into the inaccessible areas, apparently.

I got mine done recently for just £80, well pleased with the result.

FS365 every week.