All I got for Christmas

So who was naughty and who was nice this year? Let’s see your favourites from Santa’s sleigh. Bike related or not.

I’ll start. What Italians call a ‘medium’, we call a ‘small’. I believe this also applies to their hoodies. Bought at the bike show so may be tricky to exchange.

Larger and, arguably, even more impressive, this replica sword from The Witcher. Four feet long and guaranteed to deter burglars. It’s going on the wall when the extension’s finished.

7 Likes

I just got a headache… :joy:

1 Like

I must have been on Santa’s naughty list: I got hee haw, as they say in Glasgow. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I guess the best present I got was to be able to spend another year cooking dinner for my mum n dad (and rest of my family, obviously) declining health, especially dads, means it’s highly unlikely next year.

2 Likes

Mine are already gone but we did lose our cat a few days before Christmas this year.

A sad day - we’d already bought a turkey.

All I got was a Christmas card. My wife and I decided a few years ago that we would not buy for Christmas, but if there is something that we what during the year, we would just buy it.
We enjoyed watching our sons and their families open their presents.

4 Likes

Was wet….!

I do not remember a worse Xmas period for rain…!
No hose pipe bans this year …!

1 Like

Is it just me or is Dry January dragging on a bit ……?

1 Like

I got a silk balaclava for riding from my step daughters as well as Elspeth Beard’s book. I wore the balaclava when I got out on the Street Triple on Boxing Day and it did the job nicely :+1:. The custom painting of the Fireblade’s fairings will hopefully happen this month too; they’re off the bike ready for me to take to Wobbz when he can do them :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

What?! I thought it was called Dry Ginuary! I’m already running out of tonic…

2 Likes

I used to ride with a balaclave when I first started out as a teenager. There wasn’t so much good kit around back then to keep you warm, not that I could have afforded it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

nothing related to bikes for me, my daughter bought me an amazing xmas jumper that makes everybody jealous about in France

And I helped myself with a musical gear, the best volume pedal money can buy, a LEHLE mono volume, using a magnet and a hall sensor, just like motorcycle ignition system, to replace my + 10 years old Boss FV500.

4 Likes

Just remember to take it off when you go in the bank.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to receive a set of Scott Ergonomic Pro waterproofs from my other half, plus some colourful socks. Very happy indeed with that!

3 Likes

I got some new boots from Mrs Visor :sunglasses: Merlin Sierra D30 Vibram WP boots :partying_face:

5 Likes

wow a camera on a boot :grinning:

1 Like

@Octoberon now, is that sword a medium???

1 Like

Ah, see we’re talking footwear now? Yes for Xmas I got some new CANVAS Doc Martins

Now that’s different!!

3 Likes

Those soles look rather thick Eric :wink:

1 Like

Yes, bit like the ‘Gummi Kuh :cow:’ of bikes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like