Armoured over trousers

Hi, hope everyone is well etc…

Am I looking for a unicorn? A mythical piece of kit that doesn’t actually exist? Can you help??

As winter approaches - and I am an all weather rider - it is becoming the wrong time to wear my armoured (AA) riding jeans…with Decathlon waterproof over trousers if it rains…

I am now looking to ride to work in my normal work trousers (normal jeans) but ride with armoured and waterproof over trousers…

Is there such a thing as “armoured over trousers”? Waterproof of course?

I am currently exploring Sportsbike shops massive box of £500 worth of various “touring trousers” with the thermal liner taken out - please bear in mind, I am very much around the sub £150 end of the market…

What I’ve got here is a lot of touring trousers…and a lot or removed thermal liners scattered around…and the only ones that seem to “fit/work” are the RST Paragon 6…with the thermal liner removed.

Of course…I’m paying good money for Kevlar trousers, AA rated hip and knee armour,. waterproofing…and the thermal part staying in the cupboard. But they are still just touring trousers over my jeans.

Is there a more dedicated “over trouser” that I could be looking at?

I value your thoughts and opinions.

Just to clarify, I am wearing normal jeans, but want a protective over trouser for my commute.

1 Like

Thank you @HelmutVisor …however I can not give you the cigar…

Both have been on my radar…

The first, great…but no hip armour and they seem more “scootery”; whereas I would like the added level 2 protection.

The second…do have the hip armour, but are not a technical material.

I do on fact have some second hand Weiss over trousers that are “like #2” that cost me £20 that I use daily…

Perhaps I’ll save my money as I really feel that the item I dream of simply doesn’t exist…

Thank you though for your efforts!

Feel free to try again :grin:

Something like these with thermal liner removed so your jeans act as the liner? Halvarssons W Pant Waterproof Textile Trousers Black Hi-Art CE Level 2 Armour

ETA just seen your budget; but I picked a pair of Halvarssons trousers up a year or two ago in the sale for around the budget you have so it may be worth hunting around for sales once you see something you like.

1 Like

Oooohhhh that’s a good call @MrsVisor !

Thank you…

Challenge accepted!! :innocent:

1 Like