Bad News Today

Hi all just want to let you all know that Wim (@Vulpes ) rang me earlier this evening. He is in hospital having been t-boned today on his bike . He is sore with four broken ribs and a partial collapsed lung. The bike is a write off. I’m sure at some point when he is feeling better he will give us an update on his status. For now I’m sure you will join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.

12 Likes

Jeez what a nightmare. Give him my best wishes when you next speak to him. Guess I won’t be meeting up with him on way to Ireland :confused:

2 Likes

Oh bloody hell. Poor Wim, that sounds like a proper shunt. Please pass on my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Wow! This is terrible news, please pass on my best wishes. Dougie also wanted me to express his concerns and wishes that Wim has a speedy recovery. Get well soon man.

2 Likes

That’s an awful thing to happen, and sounds really painful, apart from probably knocking his biking plans on the head for this year. At least he survived. Give him all our very best wishes for his recovery.

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear this tale of woe. Wishing a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

He has said that he won’t make the trip. I’m not sure now if I will stop over on the Tuesday night or just ride for the ferry on the Wednesday morning. I will let you know my plans in a couple of days.

3 Likes

That is terrible news.
Can only echo the comments here and wish one of our online mates a speedy and full recovery…

3 Likes

Get well soon Wim, best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Take advantage of the time off to source a new bike…

2 Likes

Cheers Paul. Will do!

2 Likes

Get well soon

2 Likes

Get well soon!

2 Likes

Hope you are up and riding again soon, best wishes. bateby

3 Likes

Well that’s not good news at all. Like all the inmates i send my wishes for a speedy recovery. Hopefully those nurses will make a real fuss of him to keep his spirits up. Do say i really feel his pain. Joe

1 Like