Baffle Haus run

Today is my last rest day before I go back to work tomorrow, so I set out on the Street Triple this morning with no particular plan. I went to the Baffle Haus, then Builth Wells, Rhayader and home via Crossgates. Mostly lovely quiet roads and although it seemed to be always threatening rain I only encountered a few spots. Lovely.

This is the route I did, it was about 142 miles; the map isn’t totally accurate as I don’t like to mark my exact start and finish address :disguised_face:.

PXL_20240529_094054941
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 14.46.41

11 Likes

Nice, I prefer Baffle Haus on a quieter day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Baffle Haus??? What’s that about? Is it for noise testing? Haven’t been over rayader in years, in fact I did a mtb challenge there in 2005!

1 Like

I heard through the grapevine that the boys are moving to Cowbridge near Cardiff. Did you get any gossip? Are they going to run both places or relocate?

1 Like

https://www.bafflehaus.com/locations
Baffle Haus,
Old Post
Swansea Road,
Bonvilston,
Cardiff
CF5 6TQ
Only open Mon-Fri 0900-1600 at the mo.

1 Like

Both places; there’s a coffee cart there at the moment Mon - Fri but hopefully fully up and running late summer / September apparently.

Thankfully not!! :rofl:.

It’s a coffee / food / cool brands of clothing / interesting machines place that looks horribly hipster but is very friendly and welcoming. I much prefer it in the week when it’s quieter as @geoffb says or at weekends when the weather’s less favourable as the weekends can get absolutely packed and be too “hipster” for me; quieter times sees a good mix of people and machines and less posing for the 'Gram :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting and good to know

1 Like