Border Raiding, Day One

After three hours of dual-carriageway and motorway into a neckbreaking stiff headwind I left Scotch Corner which is when I always consider my northern holidays to start propper.

Onto the A66 for a bit then off to Barnard Castle for refreshments.

Form there it was off across the Pennines at a leasurely pace to enjoy the scenery.

There was a fair few bikes out but I guess I was going further than them as I didn’t see any after Alston.

I was trying to keep to the quieter minor roads but even when I crossed over into Scotland and did a stretch on the A7 there was little trafic. Turning off there the roads were occasionally cratered with potholes but I was enjoying the fine weather and new-to-me roads.

After a full day riding it was nice to get to my digs which had the essential supplies and I could relax in the evening sun.

17 Likes

Not jealous. Nope. Definitely not.

Looking forwardtto hearing about the rest of your travels. It’s good to see pics of people out on their bikes in the sunshine again.

3 Likes

Barnard castle? How’s your eyesight ??? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Looks like a great start. Looking forward to more reports!

That looks like a lovely first day. I much preferred driving to work today to preserve some sort of smartness so myself and some colleagues could drive another hour or so to a meeting…to drive back to work and then drive home again. MUCH better than beautiful weather riding a motorcycle in some beautiful places :rofl:.

Enjoy the rest of your trip :slightly_smiling_face:.

And you’ve even picked the sunniest week here so far. Jammy bugger. :grinning:

2 Likes

Nothing Jammy about it, I looked at the weather forecast on Sunday, saw it was good, so booked some accommodation :grinning: Advantage of being retired :wink:

8 Likes