Brake light wire

2010 Tiger 1050 ABS

Am wiring in my Givi box brake lights.

Am looking for the brake light wire, which…I think is the Green/Purple here… Is that correct?

Manual says ‘#35, Rear light = green purple’.

If it says rear light l’d say it’s not the brake light. Your lights will be on all the time, assuming you have switchless lighting. What colour leads does the rear brake light switch have? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @TheRevenant , that’s the thing…in the list in the manual, there is no specific “rear brake light” listed…

But good point, yes, switchless lights…

Do you have a test meter? Just need to go to your light cluster connector and look for the wire that goes live when you operate either brake switch. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks…had thought of that as well…

I think, in order to get to that I need to take the rear faring off…and to do that I need to remove the side pannier racks…

I’ll continue to investigate…

Yep, Green/purple. If you look at the diagram black is ground, clearly. Yellow splits off a feed to rear number plate light, so that has to be a permanent live with ignition on. That leaves green/purple to feed the brake light. Wasn’t looking at the schematic, that gives the answer. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks. That’s good…

I have just done this as well…in the green/purple… No brake lever/brake lever…

Incase anyone were on tentahooks…that’s all worked just dandy!

2 Likes

BTW it’s tenterhooks. They were hooks on transport belts in weaving factories, used to keep the fabric in shape and size during processing, not least stentering. How sad is that…? Anyway, well done on the lights :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Every day’s a school day. I recently heard Angela Soubry on Sky News refer to ‘cow-tailing’ instead of ‘kowtowing’. You;'d think a barrister would have a fairly decent grasp of English but there you go.

1 Like