Changing my Bonneville spirit of 59

I think the weather is getting a fair few folk down Joe, it really affects my mood when it’s foggy, damp and icy - things seem such an effort!! Hopefully it will cheer up soon and you’ll be able to enjoy your new bike (I got mine last Wednesday too but not yet ridden due to ice when I haven’t been at work and work when I have been!!!). Congratulations on your new bike anyway - I am sure you’ll fall in love once you get out and about in better weather :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Mrs Visor
Great what did you get and the same to you want to see a picture. I did buy an new helmet. ARIA Quantic that is supposed to be all singing and dancing and great for glasses but the thing mists up within minutes even between the two visors that is supposed to stop that so have to get back to Infinity to find out why.
Joe

1 Like

I am keeping the Street Triple Joe as I am just as in love with it as ever (still think it is my perfect bike). I have indulged myself with this 2004 beauty:

Hope you sort your issue with the Quantic too, how annoying!!!

3 Likes

Hi Joe, if your visor is misting up it’s probably because the Pinlock isn’t fully sealed against the visor to create the sealed double glazing effect. The “pins” at each side of the visor are eccentric and rotate to adjust the fit.
Warning!
It’s a real pig to get it right without damaging or getting fingerprints in-between, you will swear!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: (or get the shop to do it for you if you can drop in).
Tip - snake the pinlock in an S shape while locating the pins to get a tight fit on the seal. (Cotton gloves would be great for the job, but I never had any to hand)

6 Likes

Really daft question @Joe but if you wear glasses when you ride are you sure it’s not them (I might have thought the same thing once :shushing_face:)

1 Like

Col_C
Yes taking the helmet back tomorrow to see if they can sort it for me. I purchcsed it as it said n a magazine it was very friendly with glasses.
Joe

1 Like

HelmutVisor
No the hat mists up very quickly and between the two visors so i have to ride with the visor up. It has two tabs that open on the top of the visor and that is were it mists up between the visors. I see your good Lady has some very shiny bikes there.
Joe

2 Likes

Here is the new bike and my big grin. Boys and new toys and all that.
Joe

12 Likes

It’s lovely Joe, great to see Triumph using some nice colours on the roadsters!! I am very partial to orange. I hope it brings you many miles of happiness :partying_face:.

2 Likes

Nice Joe :blush: Will be a fun ride I’m sure!

4 Likes

Not far from your RR we will have to promote the orange bike regime.
Joe

1 Like

All the reviews I’ve seen on the Trident are very positive. Great looking bike :+1:

2 Likes

Dawsy
Yes waiting for the better weather first and after the Bonneville it will be strange. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think we are all waiting, Joe! :crossed_fingers::grinning:

2 Likes

Very nice Joe, health to ride :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Happy new bike @Joe, love the colour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice bike Joe! :+1::sunglasses::+1:

Very nice, Joe!

1 Like

Dawsy.
Sure thing. But i need to get a rad cover and a couple of bits like engine covers already fitted the frame covers but want to be safe before i go out on the new baby.
Joe

2 Likes

Andyc1
Yes very true. But you know we old bikers never get to old we just smell that way. And said i am getting ready to go soon. Alas i still have my Honda that gets me from a to b now. Thanks for the comment.
Joe

2 Likes