Chased by Tigers

The relentless showery weather wasn’t going to stop @Towner92 , occasionally of this parish, and me taking to the country roads of Derbyshire today for a rideout to the Yondermann cafe and one of their impressive all-day breakfasts. This was an important outing because the aforementioned Mr T has just acquired a lovely red Tiger 900 GT Pro! After years of slumming it on a Honda CB650 he’s come over from the dark side. Hooray! :raised_hands:

Another friend, also a red Tiger 900 owner, met us at the cafe. My Sprint GT looked quite portly in this company.

It’s a nice run from our place, along the Woodhead Pass, down through a damp Glossop and back up in to the hills before descending towards Chapel-en-le-Frith and hanging a left on to the A623 towards Wardlow.

I thought I’d snapped a shot of the bikes at the cafe but I appear not to have hit the button properly. :man_facepalming:

My mirrors full of Tigers, we headed back along the same route except for a slight detour at Sparrowpit. The rain left us alone, washed out roads offering evidence of showers just missed.

And so back to Coopers Yard in Holmfirth, home of the TMF monthly bike meet, for coffee and final bike chat. It’s what Sundays are for.

10 Likes

Congratulations to @Towner92 on the Tiger. Good choice.

Pictures would have been nice :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Octoberon as usual, PICS! I’m sure it DIDNT happen as there’s no tiger :tiger:!!

3 Likes

I don’t want to steal Paul’s thunder. :grin:

Apologies for the delay, gentlemen.
Please lay your eyes upon my new motorcycle.

9 Likes