Chigee TPMS

Well, I’ve been on YouTube again!

My RS SE doesn’t have TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) as standard, it was part of the comfort package I didn’t want to shell out another £800 for as that also includes Keyless, which I’m not a fan of on a bike, but like the 3rd eye TPMS only has to work once to potentially save you from a world of pain. I could have added TPMS to the build but didn’t at the time which I later regretted. I could have spec’d it separately but it didn’t cross my dim brain to do it at the time and coukd have gone for a retro fit but that would have been ££££

So I’ve got this to try out. It looks a well made bit of kit, switches on and off automatically and the control unit has a natty magnetic charging cable. I’ll post more when it’s fitted on the bike

Cost was £110 which compared to the BMW one is a bit of a bargain. You have to pay in USD so I used PayPal rather than my credit card just for a bit of added security

3 Likes

I’m looking at adding a tpms system on both my pickup and the Triumph. I’ll wait your feedback on those.

2 Likes

My Tiger came with TPMS. Great feature.

1 Like

Had TPMS on the Tiger 900 Gt Pro.
Don’t think I ever looked at it once in three years I had the bike. :rofl:

Mine has made itself known 3 times in the course of a year.

So fitted it today, no wires to mess with so reasonably straightforward although tightening the locking nut on the wheel sensors was a bit fiddly due to lack of room but that wouldn’t be an issue on other tyre valves I guess where the valve went into the rim rather than the spoke.

Another possible downside is obviously you have to take the sensors off if you need to pump your tyres up or have a puncture so remember to take the spanner with you to undo the locking nut that keeps them in place.

Display is easy to see and it appears accurate as I checked the pressures with a digital gauge before fitting them and it have the same readings.

Having the pressures displayed all the time you’re
riding rather than have to go into a menu is benefitial as it’ll prompt you to pump them up if they get a bit low.

I tested what happens once the minimum value is reached and the reading for that tyre goes from a steady to flashing display. It does also beep at you but the volume is quite low so you probably wouldn’t hear it on the bike.

It’s quite a nice feature that it swithes on and off automatically so all in all if you don’t have it as a factory fitting it’s a possible alternative.

2 Likes