Confession corner

Ok.
Here’s the place to clear your conscience in a Safe and Friendly environment.
I will start….

A long time ago , when I was 16, I started my working life as a bricklayer apprentice, working for a large house builder.
As the youngest in the works van and the newest recruit, I was often dropped off by the sadistic van driver miles away for where I wanted to get out. “It’s here or two more miles away” he used to laugh , as all of the others in the crew bus goaded him to go further away…
Anyway…
He was a shooting enthusiast who used to use the crew van at the weekends to go to his patch to shoot pheasants and rabbits and one day I found some of his shot gun cartridges in the glove box of the van…
These were conveniently placed next to his rolling tobacco tin.
One Xmas as I was about to be sent to another site to work with another gang of brickies, I may have accidentally split one or two of his shotgun cartridges open and put some of the gunpowder in with his rolling baccy……
I never found out what happened……

There that’s better , I’m glad I got that off my chest…

1 Like

Saturday night, I’m sleeping in an hotel in Birmingham. Then in the night around 4 am some room neighbors are coming back probably from partying, speaking out loud, slamming doors.
Around 8am we leave our room to go to breakfast, and I noticed our loud uncivilized neighbors have the “do not disturb” sign hanging on the door handle…
I removed it, and later going out saw the cleaner coming with the trolley in the corridor. :laughing:

3 Likes

In the early 80’s I may have removed an oil light bulb that kept coming on, when part exchanging a car…. :scream:

When we traded our 9 year old Seat Altea in in 2016 the central locking was on the blink and wouldn’t unlock the rear doors so when we went to the dealers I unlocked them manually and left the car open as I knew they would just send it to auction and didn’t want to let them rip us off anymore than they were already doing.

1 Like