Dave Day 8th June 2024

Appologies for people without Faceache.

A rideout is being organised in the memory of Dave Myers (Hairy Biker) on 8th June 2024 from a yet to be disclose starting point somewhere in London to his home town of Barrow in Furness

There will be stops along the way. I will post update as and when they appear.

4 Likes

I saw this article with a bit more info and that doesn’t require you to be tracked by FB.

We were talking about doing at least some of it.

1 Like

Appears to be a bit of discrepancy on dates. FB give Saturday 8th June and Lancs Live Saturday 7th April. The FB page has input from Dave Myers wife Liliana so it may pay to check further.
Well spotted though.

Well, I got that wrong. There is a ride for Dave today across Yorkshire. Must be true as it is on the BBC News channel this morning.

It includes a link to the route.

Yorkshire run finished.

2 Likes

Route to Barrow in Furness is due to be released on Sunday 14th April.

1 Like

Update today Video confirming route and timings further details and written details will be posted tonight To those of you complaining please remember I am an... | By Biker DayzFacebook
Apologies to those without Facebook. Start is 08.00 at the Ace Cafe (Cafe is opening at 07.00).

Leave the Ace at 8am, leaving London via the M40. First stop being at Oxford services, then on to the national motorcycle museum then Knutsford Services and final stop at a cafe of J36 on the M6

Dave Day Route and timings.pdf (25.8 KB)

1 Like

Here is an update for anyone thinking of joining the ride. These are the meeting points and timings taken from the official Facebook page.

Overview of ride:-

Depart Ace Cafe London 0800hrs travel to M40 Oxford services, depart 0930hrs.

Travel to National Motorcycle Museum M42 depart 1115hrs.

Travel to Knutsford services M6 depart 1300hrs.

Travel to Junc 36 M6 Cafe Ambio depart 1500hrs.

This is the main form up area for anyone traveling from Scotland and all points North or East of main route. (I believe there is a group being organised to ride from Newcastle).

All bikes will then depart En Masse to Barrow in Furness and arrive in Town Centre at approximately 1600hrs.

The ride is to honour and remember Dave, Si King will be leading with myself and we will be raising funds which will be evenly split between NSPCC Childline and The National Institute of Cancer Research.

Go Fund Me page https://gofund.me/90acdc2c
Official Dave Day Shop https://davedayshop.com
£3 from the sale of each item will also be donated to the charities.

2 Likes