Dilemma time!

Congratulations…what colour have you gone for?

1 Like

Nice one, my thruxton is one of the bikes that I miss, its essentially the same as the speed twin albeit with different bars.

2 Likes

I went for black. It was that or the red and I thought it looked good in both, and the black was £200 cheaper :slightly_smiling_face:

The choices were gloss black, gloss red or the matt orange (which I’m not keen on). It’s only the tank that’s painted a different colour and what I’d really like is a green one (the old competition green), so I may get the tank resprayed in due course so it seemed a bit pointless paying an extra £200 for the red!

3 Likes

Nice choice - and it would look lovely in green as well! It’s a shame the orange is matt, reckon gloss orange would look great.

1 Like

You’re not wrong about gloss orange looking a lot better than matt. In fact it looks like one dealer has done just that.

2 Likes

Can i please be the first person to offer you the first farkle?
Only hurdle is that you have to pay for it…

1 Like

Most new bikes need longer mudguards, not shorter ones.

6 Likes

Different bars unless you get a flat bar conversation like I did. Same comfortable riding position as the speed twin, but with all the goodies. Transformed the my bike :grinning:

1 Like

Agreed but I definitely like the look, if not real world practicality!

1 Like

So, do you send the standard one to them, they get their hacksaw out and charge over a hundred squids to cut an inch off each end?

1 Like

Whats the chances of a speed twin R? I reckoned we would have seen one by now when the speed twin was launched.

A Speed Twin R would be brilliant, but would probably kill off the Thruxton.

1 Like

Nah, the Thruxton will always live on :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Had a go on one of these…

9 Likes

And??? What did you think?

He’s going back to Ducati…

Hi all!
Well, I don’t blame anything BUT the bike I rode tbh.
It simply handled crap and suspension was all over the shop.
I had a massive tank-slapper at 40mph accelerating out of a roundabout (seriously , just going gently) and I lost total confidence after 5 miles.
But, and I mean this, I totally blame the bike I took out.
I got back to the dealers and said that it’s a liability and shouldn’t be on the road. They then said that “it was a trade in and hadn’t even done any checks on it” but had put it out as a demo.
It’d done 4.8k but something was VERY wrong with it.
I loved the engine, the riding position and the looks but I was totally soured by that tankslapper.
I’ve been riding since i was 5 (dad was a sidecar racer and i’ve been on a bike at tracks on all sorts of bikes whilst he was racing) and it was the worst handling bike i’ve ever been on.
Including a C90 3’s up for 5 miles from wisbech to walpole st peter at 1a.m…
Suspension at the front was just a crash-crash-crash at every bump.
Clearly not what it should’ve been and genuinely, I don’t blame the bike whatsoever , just the dealer for putting it out.
I will give another a go, just a properly prepped one.
And, no f":king ducati!!! Ever again!!!

2 Likes

That sounds a liability! Let’s hope they get it off the road before someone gets hurt.

1 Like

Better skip the 1200 scrambler then :rofl:
It was my least favourite bike ever for the same sort of reasons. Tied itself in knots if you tried to push even a little.

1 Like

I was going to post that you wouldn’t even be in a dilemma had you tested the Speed Twin 1200 instead of the 900. Then you indicated that you were hanging onto the Speed Triple for now.

I was actually a bit miffed, and then… well, here we are :grinning:

2 Likes