Dolomites 2024

It will be if it’s anything compaired to last year, when we did the same thing! :smiley:

Day two, should have been an easy 250 miles… Well as luck would have it the Brenner Pass into Italy was completely congested, so as opposed to 5 hours it took us nearer 8… Oh well, at least we got there! And how! Fabio (the proprietor) had made it incredibly easy for us - drive straight into the garage, unload the bikes, park the trailer and take the car out again! Fantastic!

Getting into our digs we were welcomed by this:

Yummy!

Then out with a couple drinks, winding down. First ride tomorrow!

12 Likes

Fantastic finish to the day, I bet with the anticipation of the riding to come the trial’s of the journey down is long forgotten :grinning:

2 Likes

Absolutely Steve. We’re just about to set off for today’s ride!

2 Likes

Ride safe and enjoy.

2 Likes

What a great backdrop in that last photo :grinning:

2 Likes

The scenery here is spectacular!

View from our kitchen window this morning:

9 Likes

Woke up to a nice morning, so walked the dog and got ready for a nice ride. It being a Sunday, and the first nice day in weeks, we decided to avoid the high passes and the inevitable would-be-Marqueses. We opted for the Passo Lavazè, altitude 5.457 ft. Lovely ride, great weather.

10 Likes

Walked the dog this morning in this:

So after our breakfast we set off on a ride we still had on our satnav, and which we really enjoyed.

We had a nice lunch stop too…

Fantastic day for riding! :smiley:

12 Likes

Great pics Wim, how are the ribs holding up after a day long ride?

1 Like

Not bad actually, Paul. I actually think it’s the bruises rather than the fractures that are still a nuisance. All bearable anyway, cheers for asking!

5 Likes

I was just about to ask you “and how’s your new bike… “ then I remembered…It’s at home… :joy:

3 Likes

Well not mine, but the mrs. brought her new Trident, which she’s absolutely smitten with, and it’s not even run in! She passed the 300 mile mark on it today, which meant 1000 more revs - woohoo! :joy:

4 Likes

That scenery looks spectacular!! Absolutely picture - postcard material.

I’m very pleased that Mrs V is so smitten with the Trident too, sounds like it’s “the one”.

1 Like

It certainly looks like that! :grinning:

1 Like

@Vulpes looks like you’ve got the summer we’re just not going to get!! I’m jealous! :crazy_face::drooling_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Well, the forecast looks favourable for the next 3 days - after that a bit iffy… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Gorgeous day, off to the high passes! First was the Passo Pordoi (7.346 ft).

Absolutely brillant. Next was the Passo Fedaia (6.749 ft). At the pass is a (not very full) dam - very pretty.

Mrs. V climbed dow to have a look.

Across the dam next for lunch.

Then back “home”.

7 Likes

When we got back the mrs. said “why don’t you run up and down the Passo Sella, quench your need for speed”? So off I went, obviously! :joy::see_no_evil:

On the way up.

At the top, 7.277 ft:

Excellent fun, now for a beer! :beer::beer:

10 Likes

I’m getting really envious now! Hope I get some of that nice weather in September.

3 Likes