Dolomites 2024

Much nicer day today! We elected to do our “southern” route anti-clockwise today. Again, completely different perspective. It doesn’t take us high up, but great riding roads.

The ridge in the mountain oppposite marks the return journey.

Some nice views along the way.

And yet another nice lunch-stop.

All in all a great ride today. :grinning:

10 Likes

On our return we decided to take the cable car from the village, where we got some great views of “our” valley.

10 Likes

That thing on the right in the second picture definitely looks like some sort of drinking game :rofl: :beers: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Another great set of pictures Wim and I see you again went for the healthy option for lunch :grinning:

2 Likes

Just being consistent, Steve… :rofl:

2 Likes

Scientifically planned energy diet. :smile::+1:

3 Likes

Not very nice weather, not suitable for high passes. So we opted for a relatively low loop, in a different direction than usual. Roads were soaking wet, but fortunately we both run Road 6’s, brilliant tyre. Excellent practice for riding in the wet for Jefta.

Not very nice for pictures, but got a few anyway…

10 Likes

We were treated to this wonderful sight whilst having aperitives in “our” garden…

6 Likes

The forecast was ominous, but when I walked the dog it was looking like a pretty nice morning. We had more or less decided to have a day off the bikes, so the mrs. stayed put while I did a quick morning loop of some 60 miles (still took me 2 hours).

Passo Nigra:

Passo Costalunga:

Very nice run! :grinning:

9 Likes

I bet you enjoyed your solo ride. Sometimes nice to be on your own with your thoughts and some good roads. :grinning:

2 Likes

I did enjoy it Steve. Also being able to ride my own pace was nice! :smiley:

3 Likes

Didn’t have to worry about getting in the way. :wink::laughing:

5 Likes

Now, THAT’S better! :grinning:

12 Likes

After having walked the dog and having had breakfast we set off East, to the Passo San Pellegrino (no pics, didn’t stop…). Next the Passo Vallaza, very pretty.

From there down and up, stopping at the Passo de Lavazè.

Next stop before heading home was the Passo Carreza (Karersee). As beautiful as always.

Yet another great day out, final ride of this holiday tomorrow!

11 Likes

You can tell that you’re no longer in the Netherlands.

5 Likes

Just stunning mate.

2 Likes

Its the lack of windmills that gave it away wasn’t it

8 Likes

Whilst preparing dinner (a beautiful steak with fresh chanterelles and shallots… :yum:)

Our little friend showed himself again…

And our host came bearing gifts…

7 Likes

And not a tulip in sight.

3 Likes

Last ride of our holiday, and what a day for it! We got the mesh jackets out, and set off for a clockwise ride of the Sella circuit. We had only done this anti-clockwise before, so again, a completely different experience.

First stop, the summit of Passo Sella. Gorgeous, especially in this weather.

Next up and over Passo Gardena, stopping just before Passo Campolonga.

After the Campolonga up Passo Pordoi, where we enjoyed a nice cold beverage…

A very nice route today!

9 Likes