Dolomites 2024

What’s that song, Jealous Guy? That’s me that is :confused:
What scenery :+1:

2 Likes

Definitely getting in the way! :wink: :joy: :rofl:
Loving (and hating) the photos. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

4 Likes

Superb.
Would love to see exactly where those routes are…
Wonderful photos and video.

This is today’s route…

1 Like

Stunning Wim. :grinning:

2 Likes

Jefta is still running in the Trident, and said “it’s so lovely and docile” - until whilst overtaking a car she inadvertently hit 6000 rpm in 2nd… She was rather shocked it took off like a rocket… :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

When I had a go on one I spent most of the time screaming it guts out, it really comes alive and rewards you when you do. Brilliant wee bike, she looks very at home on it :+1:t2:

1 Like

The weather let us down a bit today, not very good for photo’s… Got a few before we got rained (!) upon…

Still a nice enough ride, but sadly due to the weather the big views were taken away.

So I decided to make the best of it, got the wheel spinner out and lubed the chains… :joy:

7 Likes

I’ve seen those wheel rollers before, even have a bookmark in my browser from years ago for one to buy. For some reason I’ve persisted with paddock stand at home and neglecting chain on tour. Maybe I should invest in one…

1 Like

Not expensive, and works great!

1 Like

I bought one a couple of years ago. Cheap as chips and means I can oil the chain when touring on my own without having to walk the bike stopping to apply oil every few feet.

1 Like

Exactly. I remember you balancing my bike in Spain whilst I oiled the chain! :joy:

1 Like

Weather improved, so we went to our favourite place in town to have dinner al fresco. First a yummy G&T (italian gin), then a great steak tartare with egg yolk (for me) and with burrata for Jefta. All washed down with a delicious pinot grisio…:yum:

6 Likes

The locals gave the view back today…

So off we went. We decided on the Passo Fedaia in the opposite direction first - amazing to see what a difference of perpective that produced. Totally different experience.

We might have to do a little cleaning soon…

Descending at the opposite end.

Then on to the Passo San Pellegrino. You don’t get the big views as it is somewhat lower and quite wooded, but the pass itself is very technical and fun to ride.

13 Likes

Yes, I’ve often found roads can be so much better in one direction or another.
Of course that means you have to do them at least twice. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Great views, riding, food and drink, what more could you ask for. Ah yes the weather as well. :grinning:

1 Like

Probably best keep clear of the Zermatt region though! :scream:

3 Likes

Indeed - I don’t think the A13 will be passable for a while… :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Cold and wet today. Not biking weather…

4 Likes

Hopefully better tomorrow… :joy:

3 Likes