Dominic Chinea (The Repair Shop) on youtube restoring a Tiger 90

4 Likes

Here’s an other, I haven’t watched yet so don’t know if hes any good…

https://www.youtube.com/@RRCRestoration/videos

Episode 2

2 Likes

Episode 3

2 Likes

The question is… Will he make a steering head brace? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beats me, but welcome to the forum!

Episode Four

4 Likes

Thanks!

It seems that neither Dom nor Tab2 Classics know that those frames had a reinforced tank instead of a top tube, so it will be interesting to see if his nice new alloy tank survives.

Episode 5

2 Likes

Thankfully, he’s now said that they are adding a frame brace.

Next episode

2 Likes

There’s more

2 Likes

And more

3 Likes

Blimey, I really don’t wanna critisise anyone…I really try not to point…if you are thinking about rebuilding a vintage Triumph engine this is NOT the way to do it.

Also, leaving that engine at that point and not getting into the bearings, big ends and sludge trap is just…well, whatever…mumble, mumble…

5 Likes

Put him straight in the Youtube comments. :wink: I’ll post it from the forum account if you tell me what to say. :grin:

I just wrote a long load of moaning about what he’s doing and deleted it again. Nothing to do with me officer.

Just a note for the gang members on here, be aware that anything you may buy may have been rebuilt by the repair shop.

1 Like

At work we call moaning ‘feedback’. :grin:

Back to the tank video, I did like the way that was made so well with the wheeling machine. Surely they must have known that the steel tank was a bit unusual with the way it was built like a ferkin Panzer?

He is still at it…

1 Like

It would appear they’ve taken heed… :joy:

1 Like