Engine Light Experience

I have a 2000 sprint ST 955 I recently I rode in about six hours of rain. I stopped to eat came out. Turn the key on no lights. Check the on and off switch. Turn the key back off back on got lights but not enough power to start it from the battery I was able to coast downhill bump start the bike but at the same time the engine light came on now the bike is starting fine, but the engine light continues to be on. I have no temperature change the bikes, not getting hot the bikes running fine so I’m wondering if anybody out there has experience this and could give me an idea of what to check next.

First question-how many times have you started the bike since this problem occurred? The ECU will store faults and monitor them. If the fault does not show again, normally after three hot/cold cycles, it will go off. So engine fully cold, ride to correct operating temperature, shut off. You may already know this.
Also, French rain is clearly troublesome. I got in a biblical downpour near Amiens on my ZZR1200 and my tachometer didn’t work for about five days after. Be a little patient also…a little far for me to call round with my Tuneecu :smiley:

1 Like

First, I actually wasn’t sure that that post even went in or that message from me. But thank you for the response. I just went out for a ride about 8 miles stopped got back on the bike. Turned it on no engine light so I’m good to go now but thank you for responding. I do appreciate that.

2 Likes

Sound mate. For some bizarre reason I thought you were in France :crazy_face: no glory in getting old…

2 Likes

No problem, I am in the states :us:, I’ve had the bike since 2000 and recently had few electrical issues. But I can’t convince myself to trade or sale! Great machine and excellent performance