Enjoying three days of sunshine

So after Wednesday’s trip to Helmsley, the weather just got better. Thursday I went over the North York Moors via Hutton-le-Hole down to Malton and then on to Seaways cafe for lunch. Plenty of bikes there including this Laverda Mirage 1200 and an immaculate Benelli Sei.

Carried on down to Beverley - forgotten that they have different coloured telephone boxes in the East Riding!

15 Likes

Good weather and some nice bikes!

I remember a trip to Beverley many, many years ago, seeing the cathedral (I was a ‘mature’ Architecture student at the time), but having more fun sitting in tanks at the war museum!

5 Likes

Those never fail to impress!

3 Likes

Friday I went the other way. Breakfast in Middleton-in-Teesdale - The Tee’s Pot and Samual James Deli cafe are popular with bikers.

A great run up to Hartside summit in Cumbria with only one car to overtake - love these quiet roads. No sign of the old cafe or the proposed new one either, just the ice-cream van for now.

Next, over to Northumberland and a pleasant stop in Corbridge - very hot and quite busy.

This is the old Pele Tower (pronounced Peel), fortified structures unique to northern England and Scotland. Dates from the 1300s and is one of the most complete, now housing a tea shop and a micro-brewery.

10 Likes

We’ve got one of those in my home town of Dalton

6 Likes

The one at Arnside is a bit worse for wear.

5 Likes

A mate of mine had a Benelli Sei back in the day, and when he went away he left it with me for safe keeping…what a thing. Utterly silky smooth and just the most fantastic sound. Like riding a church organ. I didn’t quite “see the light” but by Jove it was fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes