Favourite Kit Purchases

My boots are TCX Hero, can’t fault them. Well, I didn’t like the white contrast stitching around soles, but a few thousands miles of riding reduced the contract a lot :wink:

3 Likes

I have some TCX Blend as does @HelmutVisor and they’re brilliant. They have just changed the styling though which I am not as keen on. Attached is the pair we both have (different colours). My only small gripe is that the ladies’ version only goes up to a size 7 and is narrow, so I have the mens’ - which I prefer anyway, I’m not keen on everything shouting “I am female” - just want functioning, safe kit :+1:.

2 Likes

They were my previous boots, and I found them very good, (Thought if I remember they leaked around the toes on one foot on my first Scotland tour). I upgraded to the Hero because I wanted something easier to get on (i.e. zips). I’ve also not had those leak, though normally I have use some taller boots of different brand for when I anticipate a wet tour.

2 Likes

As do me and Mrs W, when they get to near 10 years old they go a bit shiney…

3 Likes

Thinking about it. The ‘Blend’ also has very thin soles with non-existent tread, so I found them slippy when walking in the wet and not good over rough ground. The ‘Hero’ has a thicker sole with a proper tread, and are a go anywhere do anything boot. (Though they get hot in warm weather off the bike due to the linings).

1 Like

Must have changed the design…my soles are well chunky.

I agree, the sole is thick with a good tread :ok_hand:

1 Like

Mrs W is a size 8, tho she’s petite ish.

1 Like

Same here :rofl:.

1 Like

They look quite like Doc Martens to me. I reckon @Motopulcino might like them. I think she needs some new boots.

1 Like

They’re very comfortable (very warm though when stopped on warmer days…but equally you can have toasty feet on the coldest ones) and very waterproof :+1:.

2 Likes

Mmmm…toasty… :slightly_smiling_face:

Just looked at soles rather than relying on memory, and agree that sole thickness looks good, I think my issue was that they are very flexible so didn’t offer support on rough ground and you could feel things like stones pushing into feet. Still think the tread doesn’t look best to my mind, and definitely remember more slipping going when than I’m used to in footwear when rain and mud was involved.

I guess it’s all down to what you want from a boot. I do remember when wearing the X-Blend boots I thought they were the most comfy and best fitting thing ever :slight_smile: The only reason I bought the Hero was to get a zip as I found bending to tie laces a chore. Then when wearing them found they were also great ‘offroad’ which I think is down to the much stiffer sole and better tread. They are also very close in construction to the style of Caterpillar boots I’ve been using as daily footwear for over 30 years.

Both are great boots, though as I said, I did have the X-Blend leak at toe.

2 Likes

Here’s a handy one, particularly if you have spoked wheels.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-and-buckets/halfords-microfibre-wheel-brush-975854.html?stockInventory=undefined&_gl=1*1or411x*_up*MQ_gaMTI4NjY4MjEyMy4xNjgwNDQyMjA4*_ga_VK44BRER97*MTY4MDQ0MjIwOC4xLjEuMTY4MDQ0MjIwOC4wLjAuMA…

Washed the bonnie with it. Makes the wheels very easy and also around the cylinders, behind the radiator, back of scilencers etc. Seemed to fit into all the bonnies awkward little places really well. Highly recommended :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

That looks like a useful piece of kit Andy.