Fireblade Respray Ideas

I have been exceptionally busy this week working, but have sourced a replacement upper right OEM fairing for my Fireblade which should arrive next week. I am going to have all of the fairings custom painted. I cannot decide between just as it currently is, but with paint replacing the decals and just a very bright, lovely red shiny paint or having something different done to customise it.

Sadly, artistic talent is not something I possess, but I am toying with the idea of some sort of tribute (not a copy of) to one of the 900RR colour schemes as I like them. I am going to go to the man who did @HelmutVisor’s Aprilia tank as his work is incredible and he will I am certain have some great ideas…but any input welcomed, appreciating that the old Blade colour schemes are very much not to everyone’s taste :rofl:.

I do like the bike red, so thought something using some of the old tricolour combos:

3 Likes

I’ve always liked the Black Fireblades :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Very nice and tasteful. I do very much like the unashamedly lairy ones of that generation :rofl:.

1 Like

If you like the RW&B colour scheme this might give you some ideas :+1:

I’m afraid I’d do the full custom paint on a sporty. There’s some real nice flake and candys out there now.
If it was a bike for me to keep I’d be doing what I liked on it rather than thinking about the next guy.

i know it aint a 'bird but the new candy reds are glorious, especially with some black contrasts.
Just sayin… :stuck_out_tongue:

I do love a candy red…the colour on the Speed 1200RR is beautiful, it looks like it is still wet. Something like that appeals.

1 Like

Can’t believe you’re not going to have it sprayed pink. :laughing:

I mean, come on… :joy:

1 Like

That’s one of the least offensive out there… :rofl:.

So you have been looking! :rofl:

I am trying to find one I saw the other day…it was insane…

1 Like

How about copying whichever of the original fireblade designs you like, and best translates to the newer panel shapes. But (as @Iron suggested) use some nice pearls or flakes. Keep it subtle and it looks kind of standard from a distance, then it grows as you get closer and take in what’s there.

3 Likes

I’d go for an RC30 style respray (ok I’m an old fashioned guy)

4 Likes

So I have finally decided on a similar colour red to that which the Fireblade is but a deep, glossy metallic and keeping the black fairing black. The black and silver decals will be replaced with paint with very glossy black and sparkly silver. So…my bike, but more “wow” factor.

I am also going to have a small detail painted on the tail.

I like this red and am just waiting to see whether the person who will be painting it can have that shade mixed.

2 Likes

I think all they’ll need is the paint code. When I had to gave a wing resprayed on my previous vRS because if a flying brick hitting it on the motorway the paint sprayer looked for a sticker that had thus and other build data it on, which IIRC was in the boot under the carpet.

1 Like

I’ll nip outside and check my Lambo for that sticker when the rain stops :laughing:.

In all seriousness he does have the code from t’interweb I think.

2 Likes

Look forward to seeing the finished article. I reckon it’ll look excellent.

1 Like

Rothmans colours. Who doesn’t love a good fag packet paint job?

1 Like

@MrsVisor where is it getting done?

A man not too far from us who painted Helmut’s Aprilia tank and does a lot of the custom bikes in the area https://www.wobbzart.co.uk/about

It will be started early in the new year I hope.

1 Like