First decent rideout of the new year

Well it’s actually the 4th time I’ve been out this year, but the others were local trips to Whitby, Masham and Seaways cafe.

As the weather was sunny today I thought I’d give it a go and head for the Dales. It was still very cold so I chose to stick to the main A roads rather than risk any sketchy B roads.

All was well until I got up on Blubberhouses Moor - apart from the potholes, I had to ride on the opposite carriageway to avoid the ice on one part. Still, Bolton Abbey looked good and Billy Bobs Diner does a decent burger :sunglasses:

16 Likes

By heck lad -2c that is very impressive. Good photos though :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Photos look great :+1:

You’re a lot hardier than I am though riding on those roads in those temperatures :cold_face:

1 Like

Lovely pictures. I’ve been in a forest all day teaching a chainsaw course. I did think a few times it would have been a great day for a ride. It did finally get above freezing just as I was on my way home.
I’m glad someone got to enjoy the day.

4 Likes

Looks gorgeous, I mostly admired the first lovely day we have had in ages from the office window…

2 Likes

I remember that feeling - oh how I love retirement :smiley:

4 Likes

You can go off some people :grimacing:.

3 Likes