First meetup with a forum member

Yesterday I was in two minds whether to head to the Peak District as the weather for the day after (today) was forecast to be much sunnier. But the day started sunny at home and the idea of jam today won out over jam tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I had arranged to meet up with @Octoberon at The Yondermann Cafe for lunch so I set off on one of my normal back-road routes with the destination on my satnav adjusted accordingly. I had allowed plenty of contingency time so upon seeing I had an hour to spare I detoured to The Tea Junction at Hulme End for elevenses.

Then went further off piste to head across the hills.

I arrived at Yondermann’s a minute before Octoberon and we then spent a couple of hours getting acquainted over lunch. (He’s the first forum member I’ve met in real life.)

I even got to try out his rather nice Italian bike for size :slight_smile:

That tank strap certainly looked very nibbleable but I resisted. :laughing:

The ride home took another 2½ hours taking the back-roads after which my back was feeling worse for wear due to the rough roads and my less than ideal suspension. A couple of beers soon helped sort that out :slight_smile:

13 Likes

It is always nice to put a name to a face and to talk bikes and other useless bollox :grinning:

5 Likes

It was a pleasure to meet Brown Mouse and allow him a perch on my motorcycle!

4 Likes

Well done for resisting the urge to chew Octoberon’s bike :rofl:. It’s so beautiful I would have had to resist the urge to ride off into the distance on it :rofl:.

6 Likes

Think you need ‘Pest Control’!!

4 Likes