Fowlers of Bristol

Purveyors of the finest motorcycles and jolly decent chaps, what?

4 Likes

It’s a bit bigger now! :grinning:

Picking up my new Tiger 900 August 2020

2 Likes

They’re doing a Friday night thingy during the summer months. First Friday of the month from 5.30pm. I may go to the next one just to have a look at their stock picking robots :neutral_face:

1 Like

My first visit to Fowlers was in the St Pauls district of Bristol where the riots happened in 1980. The Black and White cafe where the riots started has now been demolished and new houses built. I was an RAC patrol at the time and was regularly sent there and we were always asked if we wanted police protection. Police protection was the last thing we wanted.

2 Likes

I used to work just around the corner from there.

As I’m in need of a new two wheeled vehicle (well, there’s room amongst the others now) I’ve been on the look out, so went off to Fowlers for a look around.
By the way, I think I’m correct in that the whole block that Fowlers now sits on - even with their new Kawasakayaki building and the other Hondasaki building and the main showroom - will all be coming down to replace with blocks of flats for students. Go figure :no_mouth:

3 Likes

What are you thinking of getting?

I was interested in looking at the Gold Star as I heard they had some. I think they were demo bikes looking at the state of them. No idea why dirty bikes (going rusty) were upstairs in the showroom.
One of the Royal Oilfields on display had a really badly pitted primary cover that should’ve been polished out. So, still not imprssed by any of the Colonies’ bikes.
The only modern things that interested me were the Honda CB1000R which would need some hacksaw treatment to make it really nice or the Triumph Speed Twin which wouldn’t need too much work as it starts as a pretty good looking machine.
So, all the bikes there have really reinforced my ideas to either take out a 1930s B33 BSA engine and build round it with modern bits or to rebuild a T150 (breadbin tank) to a road tracker.
Given the prices of the new and taking a hacksaw to a BSA that’s lasted 90 years I think I’m gonna do the T150 triple. Something like this…

…but with less mudguards, less seat, less headlight, less clocks and less zorst.

3 Likes

I like the Gold Star but nothing manufactured is a patch on the unique bike you have the talent to build for yourself I don’t think, it will be brilliant to see what you come up with :+1:.

3 Likes