Heated grips

Noooooooo!

I was out today, only 40-50 miles wee run but the heated grips alone were enough in about 5-6°

4 Likes

Fantastic devotion for going for a wee! Hopefully, cold didn’t do the evil trick it does for me when it gets cold! :wink:

You mean the hide and seek thing… Yeah it does that :rofl:

1 Like

You guys need a heated seat. Just sayin……

Or electric underpants (who even knew there was such a thing :exploding_head:). They look like a very risky proposition to me…

Getting cold (short of frostbite) is a good thing, it toughens you up, living in the U.K. you may as well get used to being cold and wet as it’s like that a fair chunk of the year, yes I wear warmer clothes in winter on the bike but would never bother with any form of heated kit, you’ll never build up a bit of natural resistance swanning about with an electric blanket on.

2 Likes

I vividly remember c1970 having my gloves stolen on a freezing day by some b’stard at uni in Guildford and having to ride 20 miles home with no gloves, stopping every five miles to thaw my hands on the engine of my Dommie. And no, it didn’t make me tougher: it just made me more careful where I left my gloves. :cold_face: :cold_face:

1 Like

Should have persevered for a few weeks :joy:

Heated grips of your choice for short rides or for when you get caught out by a bad (wrong) weather forecast. for long distance and serious winter weather riding heated gloves and/or heated jacket. Hard wired to the bikes battery via a thunder box (turns of with the ignition). lets you forget about feeling cold and lets you focus on the next corner your approaching at mach 1.
I’m using Komine (zarkie) gloves and jacket love em.

2 Likes

This is what I have always known as a thunder box :laughing:.

3 Likes

hahahahah, right you are that is also a thunderbox, but you would need to go a far way from the over populated metropolis’s along the east coast to find one.

The one I was referring to is made by Healtech for power distribution.

1 Like