Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth

My mother informed me that the queen passed this afternoon at 2.37. Bone cancer apparently :pensive:
They will not announce it till everyone shows up.
Rest in peace your Majesty.

5 Likes

Not a Royalist by any means but she is/was a very special lady. RIP for when it is required.

4 Likes

Me either but you can’t help but respect her nomatter what your views are. 70 odd years reign! That is an impressive life.

5 Likes

+1. I’ve said before, l’m no royalist but l don’t think we’ll see her like again. The last vestige of a different age, really. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Sad day, agree with everyone that we’ll never see the like of her again. All I’ve ever known is The Queen. Long live the King. :cry:

6 Likes

7 Likes

RIP

9 Likes

Staunchly, proudly, openly Royalist. She was the one - probably the ONLY - thing that remained a true constant (besides change itself) throughout the whole of my life and she truly was a most remarkable person.

RIP Your Majesty.

Long live the King.

7 Likes

Code Word: London bridge is down!

A very sad day indeed with most of us not knowing a world without Queen Elizabeth, until today. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

An example to us.

2 Likes

That is what I said to my missus. Very strange as it’s not something you think about but the fact that she is not there is odd :confused:

2 Likes

Agree completely, it’s a little weird really. A bit like nobody is steering the ship type feeling.
We will never see her like again. A life of service. To others, to the country, to the commonwealth, to the world really.
I’m not really a royalist but I do feel this evening like I have lost someone dear to me.

4 Likes

RIP Lizzy, sad day!

2 Likes

With the passing of the Queen, all of the notes currently in circulation bearing her likeness will have to be removed from people’s wallets and purses. Fortunately, the energy companies have already begun this process.

2 Likes

Is it rather ironic that her successor will be King Charles the third (say it with an Irish accent :wink:)

It’s a sad day as she above all others has led by example and devoted herself to the country. I doubt if we will see another like her in our lifetime, god rest her soul.

It’ll be interesting to see how the monarchy as an institution changes in the future. I hope it survives even with Charlie at the helm, I guess the upside to all this is that we’re unlikely to have to put up with seeing Randy Andy in public again.

1 Like

On a human level I can sympathise with her family and the people that "actually "knew her that they have lost a loved one and a friend. As a republican I just cannot and never have understood the need for a constitutional monarchy. It’s an anachronism from earlier times and should die with her.

1 Like

I lean towards the view that monarchies are outdated and irrelevant however, that would mean the supreme leader of our nation would be Liz Truss…

It’s a tricky one.

America managed even with a retired b movie actor with alzheimers and worst of all Trump, even Truss couldn’t be that bad…probably

And it’s all going swimmingly well over there. :grin:

I certainly lean this way. The Queen was a beacon in a shower of shit and chinless wonders. I would personally be in favour of at least some discussion on what the UK’s constitutional future is. :slightly_smiling_face: