Hi from 400X owner on Tenerife

Hi guys,
Joining from tenerife!
Here’s my 2 month old 400X, enjoying it very much.
Returning to biking after a 30 year gap!
Owned Triumphs in the 1980s, a 3TA and a T100P.
Looking forward to getting some useful info here.
Saludos,
Phil

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Phil! It’s always great to have people from new places.

1 Like

Welcome Phil😁
Enjoy your new (lovely) toy😀

1 Like

Hi and welcome….

1 Like

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

Nice bike, Phil. Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome in to the madhouse

1 Like

Welcome.
It’s good here…!
Your photo looks like it could have been part of the sales brochure…!
Enjoy your new bike.

1 Like

Welcome, bienvenue,
Nice bike

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome guys!
:green_heart:

Hi and welcome.

1 Like

Hi, welcome in. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome. Good bike choice :+1: It will be interesting to get your views on it.

1 Like

Welcome Phil, that’s a great pic :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi and welcome, I’d be really interested to hear about what you make of the bike. It looks lovely and like a lot of fun!!

2 Likes

Hi again, and here’s some of my thoughts after 2600Kms.
I’m really enjoying the bike and am totally glad I trusted my instincts and ordered it unseen/untested!
I’ve done a few 200+ Km runs and found it to be comfortable, good seat! Also have done a few runs with groups and had no problems keeping up with more powerful machines, though here on Tenerife with all our blind bends, narrow roads and hills it’s not for testing out the max KPH!
One issue I experienced was that it stalled on me whilst changing down 4 - 3 -2 gears, with clutch in slowing for a junction and second time in the wet when I’d been riding gently, I’m puzzled as to why? Suggestions I’ve read have to do with ECU issues and allegedly there’s an update coming! It is also a bit snatchy at low speeds especially when cold. I wonder if anyone has tried the Fuel X Lite with it and seen any improvements?
As I’m not intending to off road it I will possibly look for more road suited tyres when the time comes to change them, any suggestions?
Overall I’m loving it…
Phil

2 Likes

My tiger 1200 gt explorer stalls on me on occasion - time for Triumph to get their finger out and fix it!

1 Like

My Street Triple too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.