How to slow down time?

Fuck me whoops sorry for the slip of the tongue, it’s so fast to the next weekend then the next and next and nothing has been achieved! I think when you hit 40 it goes up in fives! Is it just me that thinks like that?? I’m jealous of the lads that ride often like @Wessa etc but I’ve just so much work ahead I just can’t cope!
Time flies…………

4 Likes

Scary intit!

3 Likes

Retire. Then you can ride as much as you like :+1:

2 Likes

Well, that seems straightforward enough Eric, what’s your problem? :smirk:

1 Like

He’s short…of time

1 Like

If only that were true…

1 Like

It goes hyperspace at 60+

1 Like

Well Eric your future is in your hands.
You need to strike a work life balance or retire. But always remember never wish your life away.
I will think about you when I ride :grinning:

1 Like

I like it that you think about me when you ride! :rofl::roll_eyes:.
I won’t say I wish I was in your shoes with spare time to ride but the lines of work I do are always short of real skills so I feel like I’m the only power generator for the whole town.
When you think ‘oh I’ll just fit this in to please X then the day after I’ll also fit that in for Y on top ofA/B/C/D/E etc , it makes you hate society because you realise that the government are taking the piss in schools by making all the kids academically tuned in to get qualified for fictional work and no one can carry out real important work people actually want.
RANT OVER, :wink:

3 Likes

All they teach you is to be conformist and how to pass an exam. Oh and question what sex you are apparently. I see so many young lads come through the workshop and all bloody useless :pensive:

Don’t get me started on that!! Wife works in a school and there’s such a high percentage don’t know which bog to use and no idea if they’ve a cock or cunt!!

2 Likes

Even when you retire there is still never enough time. :grimacing:

I identify as invisible…
I am therefore Transparent…
My pronouns are Who? And Where?

1 Like

I find there is enough time, but it’s all spread out and not available when you need it. :wink: Bored one day, stressed out with too much to do the next.

1 Like

Jesus Christ, first world problems…

A first world problem is having to decide which bike to go for a ride on.

4 Likes

I read a decent take on this recently.
When youre about 10 years old the 6 weeks school summer holiday seemed endless, yet aged 60 6 weeks can fly past.
The explanation is that when you’re 10, youve lived and experienced 120 months give or take, so 6 weeks is 1/80th of your life to date.

Aged 60, 6 weeks is 1/480th.

So by that reakoning time seems to go past 6 times faster…

Just saying…

4 Likes

It’s because we can’t remember much at 60 so it just seems to have gone quicker

Doesn’t explain why the hours spent at work are three times as long as weekend though :worried:

4 Likes

Basically your sence of time alters with age… something I’m experiencing being middle aged :cold_sweat:

1 Like