Hutchy back with Clive

Hutchy is back with Clive Padgett for 2024, Hutchy is the only person to win 5 TTs in a week, it will be interesting to see how he goes, although I predict that Dean Harrison will take it to Hicky, and Micky D will reach win number 27 if not more before the TT finishes for 2024.

4 Likes

Agreed. Dean been held back by the Kawasaki last few years, not by much but just enough to miss out on victory and Dunlop will beat Joey’s record unfortunately :confused:
Let’s hope the weather plays nicely,

1 Like

Records are there to be broken (not much point in them otherwise :slightly_smiling_face:)
I’m sure Joey would be very proud for Michael to be the man to do it, a chip of the old block in many ways. IMO
And will probably happen (I hope) on his own bike in the smaller classes - just like Joey.

2 Likes

It’d be good to see Deano come back with a handful of wins, he’s too good to be the nearly guy. But Hicky does seem to have the charm.

1 Like

I get that, it’s just Joey was my road racing hero :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s just great that Hutchy is back given all he’s been through.

3 Likes

Understood, I’d also like Michael to be the Dunlop that retired from the roads fit and well. :pray:

Edit: in any case I read somewhere that if you add ALL Joey’s road victories together no one comes close. :+1:

3 Likes

I hope so too :crossed_fingers:I just worry that his competitive nature doesn’t come back to bite him.

And respect to Tom Birchall for his decision. :+1:

1 Like

I was speaking with Dean before the S100 about the TT, he said he was there or thereabouts, given the Kawasaki is 10mph down on top speed to the BMW, then I can see Dean on the top step at this years TT. Honda will be throwing everything at it this year, and maybe JM can assist Dean given his huge wealth of knowledge around the course, not that he really needs it but everything helps of course. The retirement of Tom Birchall may have something to do with the injury he sustained prior to TT 23, and the toll it must have taken on him racing around the course, but that is sheer guessing as only he and his family really know the answer. It is however Ryan Farquhar that remains the top Irish road racer for wins, and Ryan was instrumental in getting the Supertwins races up and running, having pioneered these from day one, he is one of the nicest people you could meet.

1 Like