Insurance cover

I seem to remember a discussion not long ago about breakdown services not including recovery after an accident, but I can’t find the thread. Anyway, I’ve just renewed my multi-bike insurance policy with Peter James, which includes breakdown cover, and I’ve noticed that it includes the following:

“Motor Assistance provides you with access to helpline services and breakdown assistance in the UK, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If your vehicle breaks down or you are involved in an accident we will cover the call out charge and labour costs for assistance and repairs at the roadside or at your home. We will also cover the cost of recovering your vehicle and alternative transport to get you to your destination.”

They did recover my tubed-tyre Guzzi after a puncture a few years ago, but it’s good to see that they also cover accident recovery. So it’s worth checking out Peter James next time you are renewing your bike insurance.


I was with them for years on my Classics but they are a little too pricey for the T100.

My premium’s quite high because of the value of my Vincent, but I can’t complain about that. It’s also probably worth paying a bit extra to get the accident recovery as well as breakdown recovery.

1 Like

Was it this thread?

1 Like

Probably. I just remember that there was some discussion about breakdown services not generally covering accident recovery.

1 Like

+1 for Peter James. When we hit a sheep in Norway last year, RAC dropped us like we were lepers. I phone Peter James and they organised the whole thing for us and got us taken back to Bergen for repairs. In addition, I also have some sort of cover with Start Rescue as a back up.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I’m looking around this month for a new service.

Yes, ive just renewed through Bikesure and the policy states no recovery if involved in an accident.